Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default When using website variants, in stats how to tell if full size or mobile is used?

I've just made my first 2 sites using a full and mobile variation. Is there a way to tell if the viewer is accessing a given page in a full size browser or the mobile version? I'm not sure of the technical aspects, but it appears the page name is the same whether viewing in full or mobile.
    Thanks!

Jim

Default Re: When using website variants, in stats how to tell if full size or mobile is used?

If you use Google Analytics they break it out. Plus they break it out by which mobile devices.

Default Re: When using website variants, in stats how to tell if full size or mobile is used?

Do I place the code on ALL pages, or just the mobile pages?

I misread your question. The website properties settings are for both versions so you only need to do this one time.

A routine in the code automatically serves up the correct variant for the correct browser.

Gary,
    I see that now. I'll see how it goes. Thanks,

Jim

Gary,
    Analytics work great. One question: there's a page called "/virt90c31650/index.htm". Is this a Xara generated page of some sort? Name isn't something I made.
    Thanks!

I'm not sure but my guess is it is the index page for the variant. Maybe somebody else will know.

There's an HTTP server that is embedded in Web Designer, that is used to serve pages when previewing the web site. This server can support multiple documents all be previewed at the same time, so each is stored under a virtual-directory with a name of the form 'virtXXXXXXXX'.

Luke.Hart,
    Does it mean anything if it shows up in the Google Analytics, or is it only used when I personally preview the site?

Yes, it will only be reported to Google when you visit it as part of the preview.