Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to (really) merge different layers other Ctrl+G ?

I have made an advertisement design on postcard format, exported as PDF, but when fast scrolling from small to big I see the different elements flash up again, I wonder how to really make it one image? The only way I found out is create bitmap copy, but the quality seems too go down them, any suggestions from a pro? Many thanks!

I already checked a Youtube video that explains about layer buttons on the right side of the screen, but I don't have them (using Xara Xtreme 5) and can't figure out how to make them appear. I do have a Pro 10 trial version but also on that one I can fix it, it shows as one layer while it is actually a lot of grouped elements.
    Last edited by Mcffee; 05 July 2015 at 09:08 PM.

Default Re: How to (really) merge different layers other Ctrl+G ?

Is this for print? If so you can leave as is.

Yes it's for printing 2x4" banners, only because I thought it looks a bit unprofessional.

Well, I cannot see it so cannot fully comment. But what you have described can be quite normal for a pdf. If you want, upload the pdf here.

Mike

I tried but the file is too big to upload around 25mb

You may be able to ZIP it to get it small enough. Else you would need to upload to dropbox.com or another large document sharing site and provide the download link.

Mike

Mcffee, in Xtreme you access the layers gallery as shown in the screengrab below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layer-gallery-icon.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	108724  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    You may be able to ZIP it to get it small enough. Else you would need to upload to dropbox.com or another large document sharing site and provide the download link.

Mike
    Aha, OK I have uploaded it to Wetransfer where it will be available until July 13: http://we.tl/s4wmIGSNKl

When quickly enlarging the PDF you see all kinds of creative and weird cut elements, which do look not so professional in my eyes, for my customer and her print shop I would like to just make it 1 image by glueing everything together. Actually I think it is just 1 layer as I never work with layers so far.

Thanks for reviewing!

There may well be some issues, but it isn't how such a PDF displays when zooming in/out. That part is normal.

The background is pretty low resolution. The resolution of the image of the band is between 100 and 120 dpi, but it may be fine. I would ask the people printing the banner. I shoot for 150 dpi as the low-end res on a banner.

There is a row of pixels showing from what I think is from cutting out the band's image above the sombreros.

There appears to be a white dot (or cut out circle) in the band's image, guy on the left.

I have upload a report on the PDF and will plop in a link soon. Please note I severely lowered the resolution to upload here. Your images are better than the report shows. Open the Layers pane. Each type of element is on its own layer. Turn on and off layers to see the contents of that Report Layer.

Mike

Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys6bn5ir3w...eport.pdf?dl=0

Hi Mcffee. Had a look at the PDF and bar what Mike states about a hole cut in the sombrero just above the face it's fine. You can sort out this hole in seconds by using the Clone/magic erase Tool. If you haven't used this tool before do a search in the Help files.
    You have a large amount of wood at the bottom of the design which some might think as wasted. Why not enlarge the text on some? certainly the words, "Don't miss it". I would also think about doing the same to all of the type in this area. Talking about your type please place all you your text on the top of your layer stack. You can in the Page & Layer Gallery just select the text and drag it above all the shapes and bitmaps. We do this so that the text prints cleaner and to be honest I always place my text in a separate layer above everything else in a drawing.
    Design is thinking made visual.