Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ice Hockey Infographics

ss-kalm believe it or not that is word for word from the press release, I ask everyone who I send it to to check it thoroughly and get back to me but clearly I need to triple check my work I can change my versions but unfortunately the others are out there forever now!

Roly I cannot replicate this fault on the PCs we own at home but I'll look into it deeper - it is annoying but I'm sure I can sort it.

Many thanks to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by David Strover View Post
    I suppose I could try the animation on Xara but I'm not even 100% sure that these type of infographics need it and if I have the patience.
    The animation would be tricky in Xara.

You asked about animating your infographics!

I often watch TV graphics and they often have great subtle (and not so subtle) animation for infographics.

On TV lack of movement can make something look lifeless.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I am not sure how easy it would be or if it would really work but it might be worth trying Xara's presentation feature to create some animation.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post

You asked about animating your infographics!

I often watch TV graphics and they often have great subtle (and not so subtle) animation for infographics.

On TV lack of movement can make something look lifeless.
    Hi Pauland,

I think I worded my reply very badly, I am interested in animating infographics because it is the next progression, static ones still have a place but if you go the sites that I do regularly then you'll see animated ones are turning up more and more for companies online etc, they are seen as more 'interesting'. My little thought bubble was I'm still not a 100% convinced these ice hockey ones need it but if I were to experiment what would be the best road to travel.

I'm not sure I've made any further sense with that statement but it seemed clear in my head, and that's a weird place.

Cheers
    David

I'm not sure I've made any further sense with that statement but it seemed clear in my head, and that's a weird place.

Most TG members would say it's not as weird a place as in my head.. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by roly View Post
    Hi David, here is some "nice gentle friendly criticism", on your navigation bars (but not the one on the home page) your titles are overlapping. Simply an observation.

Ciao

Roly
    Just a quick one and not strictly 'artwork' related but with regard to the above quote from Roly I have tried my hardest and I have been unable to repeat the fault noted. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'd hate to have a problem with the menu bars and I don't want to go on the website section of this forum in case Digital Phaser finds me and attacks!

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by David Strover View Post
    The next logical step is 'animation' with infographics and this is an area I have little experience with. Does anyone have any advice on what direction I should take with this?
    Quick and dirty to give you an idea of a basic approach. The tweaks I used were made by, I believe, Acorn.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi David, about the navbar have you tried making the button spacing bigger?

Ciao

Roly