Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shiny Glass

Default Re: Shiny Glass

Thank you Paul. I was afraid you might take offense at my boldness and not take them in the spirit in which they were given. Everything I know about art is from my years as a delineator an private study.
    A good designer I am not, but I did consider good at delineation and painting in general. Computer art is a whole different ball game.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Wizard, I always welcome constructive critique and suggestions on my work. that's how I learn how to improve. I also don't have a problem with my artwork being changed for demonstrations or examples. I respect the feedback that I get from all of you. I greatly appreciate you guys taking the time out to do this for me. As I have said to the Gary's, "My skills are built on the shoulders of the artist hear on TG".

Thank you again for sharing,

Paul

Very kind of you Paul,
    every thing I do or try to do is based on the 1,2,3 rule, IE: Sun side, shade side and cast shadow each of these can be further broken down into 3's and so on. For instance the shade side is half way in value between the cast shadow and the sun side. The soffit or overhang is half way in value between the sun side and the shade side, sort of. Not realism but it looks good and looks correct. Sometimes I just had to cheat a little until it looked right.
    Anyway for whatever it's worth that how I look at things and how I was taught. I kind of had my own way of doing things but those were the general basics.
    I knew a guy that made many small sketches to determine the correct lighting, but I never had to do that, I just knew.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

See, I learn something new every day. That's so cool. I do appreciate you taking the time to share your expertise with me and giving me some input on my projects. I'm not too proud to say, I don't know everything. But I am wise enough to pick up a little bit from sombody each day.

Thanks again Wizard,

Paul