Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: UK's highest temperature since 2006 recorded

We could use some of that rain here the forest is tinder dry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Where I live we'll get up to 110 sometimes in the summer months.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Try living in Phoenix Az for a while in the summertime.
    Joe

It may not seem that hot to someone who is used to living in a hot dry climate but when you are used to the cool moist climate of a temperate rain forest it feels very hot to us. And to make things much worse there is now a forest fire burning about 26km from here. No homes are threatened at the moment but it's grown considerably since last night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    It may not seem that hot to someone who is used to living in a hot dry climate but when you are used to the cool moist climate of a temperate rain forest it feels very hot to us. And to make things much worse there is now a forest fire burning about 26km from here. No homes are threatened at the moment but it's grown considerably since last night.
    Oh MAN! I cannot stand the humidity! At least in Southern California it's relatively dry. Sorry for your situation there dear Frances!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I HATE humidity, the absolute worst. Right now we've got temps of around 24c but it is very humid, there were hailstones the size of golf balls in keighley, which is not too far from here. We talk a lot about the weather here but we also realise how lucky we are, we do not get any extremes and even though some areas get flooding it is in now way as bad as some parts of the world. Keep safe Frances.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Because of all the rain in Illinois, its unusually cool here at night this summer, though days are pretty hot. During a normal summer its 85 - 104 F, with 100% humidity, with hot and humid nights. Even for people use to humidity, it can get unbearable here. In the winter, it can be 20 F below zero, so I'm used to extremes over the entire year. As an aside, 75 years ago, the US placed a test road, testing various kinds of asphalt as army trucks drove on them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for about 5 years straight. They looked at Needles, California and Fairbanks, Alaska as possible locations, but decided on my home town, because of the common extremes from summer to winter. Although this year is less so, due to the over-extensive rain - its still pretty damn hot.

winds shifted through the night and the fire has grown however the fire is now moving northward and away from us there are some homes on evacuation alert .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]