Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: help changing Xara file to PDF ...

Hi Teya,
    To see a wireframe view, have a look at the top of the Xara workspace and you should see a small slider icon, (see attached) that changes the view quality. Move this slider all the way to the left.
    I have modified my workspace, so your icon may be in a different place.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	view quality.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	108538  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Teya View Post
    Thanks alot for advice it really helped me people so thankyou, I though i was "editing it out" by using the eraser tool? guess i was wrong I am very new to this lol, how did you change the view quality to wire frame Rik? Again thanks heaps!
    Even though the interface colour, and other things have changed, the Wire Frame view is accessed by moving the Set view quality' slider to the left.
    As in this article.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...utline-View%29
    Image shown in Post# 2

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Hi
    It looks as though you have been shown the way ahead.
    In one of your text panels you use the word 'compliment'. Consider using 'complement' instead.

If you're going to the printers with it I really think you would be better only using bits of your black info with the bath. Although Rik hid the "Text Extracted from PDF" I would delete this as the text is partially off your art board which may cause problems on export. If you want a clean print on the black area firstly I would remove the clipview that is used in the black rectangle (Alt+Q on your keyboard. That will allow you to take all your text out of there and make a new layer above all lines and bath and paste in this new layer (Ctrl+X, cut your text Ctrl+Shift+V, to paste your text in your new layer). I would do this as well to the logo's top and bottom of your new page in a new layer which has to go below the text but above the shapes and bitmap of the bath and lines. Maybe take the bath and lines in a new layer as well and keep it above the shapes. The reason for all this extra work is because of the following: Trapping is a term most commonly used in the prepress industry to describe the compensation for misregistration between printing units on a multicolour press. This misregistration causes unsightly gaps or not cleanly printed fonts on the final work.

If you need help doing this please come back and ask.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I didn't give the finished article. As I wouldn't know what the brief is/was.
    I was merely showing why the PDF was displaying, what it was.

Hopefully, we've all contributed with our advice and the OP now knows what to do.

Albacore: I don't have the same experience as you regarding getting things printed, so your advice regarding the layout and colours and other technical stuff should be taken note of by the OP.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone