Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hey everyone, i just registered here and i am in search of advice

i am 15, in the 10th grade, and hope to be an aspiring 3d artist but don't know where to start. I have become very handy with photoshop, because i figured i should get that down before i start with the 3d rendering apps. Where do i go from here?

any help is greatly appreciated

hey everyone, i just registered here and i am in search of advice

i am 15, in the 10th grade, and hope to be an aspiring 3d artist but don't know where to start. I have become very handy with photoshop, because i figured i should get that down before i start with the 3d rendering apps. Where do i go from here?

any help is greatly appreciated

Hi jeremy

Go to different 3d companies sites and download demos.Find which ones you like/dont like and then concentrate on them and learn how to do what it is you want to do with them.And like a friend says play,fiddle,learn

Stu.

Jeremy:
    Do you like to draw? Do you feel like you have an "artistic bent"? Do you constantly doodle and move a pencil around on paper, creating different things? Why the heck do I ask so many questions? Because, NOW, yes, NOW IS THE TIME TO START if you want to get into 3D or any other art form. You are 15 years old, you have unlimited potential to learn any application you choose.

God, to be 15 again with the tools that are available today!! I see the 12-18 year olds just whipping out beautiful models, simply because they have that "young brain" that has no closed doors in terms of how an application should work. You can learn any app you like, and it will become yours.

Provided, that is, that you have at least a little bit of that "artistic bent" mentioned earlier. If so, do just what Stu said, download some demos, jump in WITH BOTH FEET and get at it.

Just remember, there are other things: sunshine, air, family, girls, friends, books, music, film, theater.......on and on....

Good luck, I envy you your youthful enthusiasm.

Brett