Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: Just Released: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 11

Xara has broken their products into four products. Web Designer Premium, Photo & Graphic Designer, Page & Layout Designer, and Designer Pro X (all the best features from each product at a premium price). What they call market segmentation. Something for everyone. But very minimal support for website design in Photo & Graphic Designer 11.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Xara has broken their products into four products. Web Designer Premium, Photo & Graphic Designer, Page & Layout Designer, and Designer Pro X (all the best features from each product at a premium price). What they call market segmentation. Something for everyone. But very minimal support for website design in Photo & Graphic Designer 11.
    Web Designer has been around for quite a while now and PGD has had Web Design features the whole time. What I am upset about is that the feature was removed without so much as a comment anywhere! I want to do simple web pages so don't need the Web Designer Premium and the Web Designer standard version does not have the features that PGD has which I would use on web pages. PGD10 had everything I wanted except the multi-size page feature which I was hoping would make it into PGD11. Now I have gone backwards and would have to use and pay for two products where one used to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    the way the xara brush system works, each folder set in the line gallery is actually loaded from a separate XAR file
    you can reorganise these files if you wish

they are held in the program folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara Photo Graphic Designer 11\Templates\ENG\Brushes
    Thanks for the tip Steve !

Thinking about it, another idea would be to make files for specific uses and store theme in the template folder.

I'm really glad my favorite program got beefed up this way, this means less bouncing in other programs to create stuff.

This update is super awesome and has some nice features for us guys using this with tablets. However, it seems pressure sensitivity is now buggy, has this affected anyone else?

have you read this thread?

works fine for me on win7 - not win 8

just want to remind sketchers that there is a registry key:

...Options/Freehand/AutoDeselectFreehand

that is 0 by default, but if you change it to 1 then your freehand lines will not be selected when drawn [the equivalent of the h key toggle in shape painter[builder] tool, but not in the UI unfortunately]

It's been mentioned on XU that support for word docs has been dropped in photo and graphic designer 11 despite it being mentioned in Gary's first look - is this correct?
    [I can no longer check as I removed P&G11 before installing designer pro 11]

brushes seem to work fine with pressure recording in designer pro 11 - so should be an update for p&g11 if that has not already been done.....

I was just settling in to PGD10, and now I'm excited to be upgrading to PGD11. I've searched the forum for how to transfer all my customized user preferences to the new version. I've gathered that's not auto-magically possible.

As an experienced user, do you have a "checklist" of settings you re-create when you "move-in" to a new version? Thanks in advance.

Hi, just checking in to say again how much I appreciate V11.
    Art brushes are quite cool, but for me the warp tool take up the most valuable spot.

I've been doing a lot of clothing and figures lately and the warp tool is very useful to quickly adjust curves and shapes.
    Very well implemented.

Very glad to see those updates in the software I use most.