Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: XARA or 3D Rendering Software

Dutchim, You added some color, so I thought I would try that on this one. I named the colors on the ball and the glass piece to change things around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glass Ball 2.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	108634  

Clearly Xara is all you need to make your ideas come to life... Beautiful!

I think 3D software in your hands could be too dangerous and powerful. You might actually change the course of history!

Managed to get it down to a sphere (represented in the line drawing as a circle) and two splines twisted in 3D space (Actually the same spline flipped upside down) covered with a 'skin'.

This is not to take away from the brilliance of Paul's work but rather praise his uncanny ability to reproduce such imagery with Xara Designer!

Carry on...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final Render.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	108738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Line Work.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	108739

Very nice Dutchim. A 4th of July type piece. Now how long did that take you to put together? inquiring minds want to know.

So, You think if I had 3D software that I could, TAKE OVER THE WORLD. Next, I'm going to draw a LASER. LOL See, I'm developing the next version of Xara... XARA HD! Take your drawings to the next level with XARA HD...

You said that you use Maxon Cinema 4D. I looked that up and it runs somewhere around $2000. Thats quite an investment. What do you use it for?

Thanks again for your post. I enjoy seeing the things you put together.

Paul

Yeah the price is pretty steep. I was fortunate enough to end up with the Student Edition (free).

I'm using it to get familiar with the software. Have always been intrigued with anything 3D related.

Putting it together did not take too long. But then you end up rendering it, changing a setting and render it again till satisfied.

The beauty is... Especially with your car model in another post... that when done modeling and texturing you can render it from any angle you'd like.