Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Drawing Icons in XARA

Thank you ss-kalm. Its great to be back drawing again and sharing my work here on TG. I hope I don't drive everybody crazy with my compulsion to draw? It's very addictive. I'm always looking for something new to draw. I guess TG would be considered my support group. LOL

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    I hope I don't drive everybody crazy with my compulsion to draw?
    Paul just post in any numbers no problem, the quality of your drawings are extra good and almost everyone could learn something from them.

I am amazed that you how clearly and technically relatively simply drawing, checking this .xar file so it is a

1) a black rectangle with Elliptical fill, no change on the angle it is default 90 degrees
    2) a black rectangle over on that with Fractal clouds transparency 78%, the handles angle is pulled a bit wider, fractal graininess 5.0, the Profile is not changed
    3) an extrude which is a group of shapes with linear fill, the center has lighter colours, no lines applied, extrude depth 8, the Angle 1 is -22, the color of the extrude lights seem changed

So not mixing everything (no opacity mask, shape builder tool, transparencies on transparencies or who knows), you have simply talent! Very good taste and sure good eyes to the perspective, still waiting very much your tutorial in July

Great looking battery Paul in #9 I attempted that battery some years ago, not as good as yours though.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery3.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	108404  

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    Paul just post in any numbers no problem, the quality of your drawings are extra good and almost everyone could learn something from them.

I am amazed that you how clearly and technically relatively simply drawing, checking this .xar file so it is a

1) a black rectangle with Elliptical fill, no change on the angle it is default 90 degrees
    2) a black rectangle over on that with Fractal clouds transparency 78%, the handles angle is pulled a bit wider, fractal graininess 5.0, the Profile is not changed
    3) an extrude which is a group of shapes with linear fill, the center has lighter colours, no lines applied, extrude depth 8, the Angle 1 is -22, the color of the extrude lights seem changed

So not mixing everything (no opacity mask, shape builder tool, transparencies on transparencies or who knows), you have simply talent! Very good taste and sure good eyes to the perspective, still waiting very much your tutorial in July
    Thank you csehz. Sometimes I post a lot and I don't want to overwhelm everyone with my stuff. I enjoy drawing...

Yes, I posted that .xar file as a starter to rework that picture. I try to find the easiest way to create or recreate whatever i'm working on. I have lots of tools to choose from. Thats why I like to see how other Artist put things together. Many times they figure out an easier way. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it in Xara. But there are certainly easier ways.

I'm looking forward to the tutorial in July also. It Will be a joint effort from Gary and myself.

Thank you again for your interest in my work,

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Great looking battery Paul in #9 I attempted that battery some years ago, not as good as yours though.

Stygg

Very cool Stygg. Thats how my first one turned out. In fact, yours turned out much better than mine. Just remember there are only four elements to this battery. The Front and back gradients on each side for the ends. A green gradient fill to the back filtered with transparency. and four weight transparent shapes on top. Thats what I came up with for this last one.

The nice thing with Xara, you can go back to your old file and rework it. I rework many of my old work.

Again Sstygg, great job. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

I was on YouTube the other day and watched a video tutorial on how to do a Twitter icon. I wasn't able to get the highlights like the one on the video. They used a brush tool to create there effect. Maybe I can get some suggestions from Francis. I know that she's the master of the brushes. I posted a larger Image to show more detail.

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twitter icon.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	108442