Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Drawing Icons in XARA

I enjoy re-creating icons that were done in Photoshop or Xara tutorials to pass the time. Here are a few that I put together. I even added one from a Gary P tutorial. I think Xara does a better job. What do you think?

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Icons.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	108357  

Default Re: Drawing Icons in XARA

Great looking icons Paul. The image I've posted is based on your Xara tools image which was pretty good.

Stygg

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	108359  

Verry cool Stygg. I like the way you did your background. Your extrusion came out well also. The only thing I would suggest would be some highlights and shadows. Well done. Keep up the good work.

I added a virtual toolbox starter kit. It has everything that you need to build your own Windows virtual toolbox. Lets see what you can do with it.

Enjoy,

Paul

Name:	Shading.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	108361   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starter kit.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	108363  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Psaumure; 24 June 2015 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks for the Starter Kit Paul, much appreciated, I tend to gather as much work as I can from talented guys like yourself and try to imrove myself from it. I also have learnt a tremendous amount in the Xara Xone, I never miss one of G.B's. tuts.

Stygg

Ah yes, the Windows 7 logo tutorial. I think that so much of this kind of graphics is much simpler to create in Xara because there are fewer steps.

Very creative, guys.

Stygg. I too collect as much information from the other artist here on TG as I can. Every time I open a file, I learned something new about Xara. I still go through all the tutorials posted by both Gary's. They both have a formal training in art, in where I do not. I have a lot of respect for them. I have learned so much from many of the other artist that shared their files with me. I am happy that I can do the same for others. I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with it. please post the results for me, will you?

Garry. I love your old tutorials. I still go through them today. I see them from a different perspective now that I am more familiar with the tools in Xara. Some of my favorites are of the Apple and Windows logo, The glass frame. The door hinge and glass ball, The wall clock, The Watch, and World clock radio... there are so many. Thank you for taking the time to put them together for us and sharing them. I have learned a great deal from them. I even use one of them in my tribute to Steve Jobs. Yes, the glass frame. I like that one. Thanks again Gary.

Name:	IMG_6480.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	108370  

Stygg. I too collect as much information from the other artist here on TG as I can. Every time I open a file, I learned something new about Xara. I still go through all the tutorials posted by both Gary's. They both have a formal training in art, in where I do not. I have a lot of respect for them. I have learned so much from many of the other artist that shared their files with me. I am happy that I can do the same for others. I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with it. please post the results for me, will you?

Garry. I love your old tutorials. I still go through them today. I see them from a different perspective now that I am more familiar with the tools in Xara. Some of my favorites are of the Apple and Windows logo, The glass frame. The door hinge and glass ball, The wall clock, The Watch, and World clock radio... there are so many. Thank you for taking the time to put them together for us and sharing them. I have learned a great deal from them. I even use one of them in my tribute to Steve Jobs. Yes, the glass frame. I like that one. Thanks again Gary.

I don't know why this one posted twice. It must be because I am a Gemini.

I always liked the look of the android battery wallpaper. Just something about it intrigued me. I tried drawing it a few times in the past but it seemed to elude me. I gave it another shot and this is what I came up with. I have attached a larger view. What do you think?

Name:	Android battery.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	108379  

Looks very good Paul.

I must say, it's good to see you back on Talkgraphics.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.