Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xara 3D

Default Re: Xara 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    I would need some suggestions of what you would like.
    Maybe at the beginning you could describe through which steps you did the first picture in the first post (IMG_0008-7.jpg). Or anything in that style.

I remember somewhere in the depth of TG you posted a similiar one with .xar file and surprisingly (for me ), you used a simple clever linear fill for the basic metal plate/background. And at your second guest tutorial in November for example , we could go to the Superman logo.

Thanks Gare am I doing still well?

Great work Psaumure. Maybe you could do the thank you Mohamad one. Just a suggestion. What ever happened to BP anyway? I haven't heard or seen anything from him for a long time.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

@csehz and all interested in a Genuine Psaumure Guest Tutorial:

It will be for real.
    It needs to be created first. Mr. Psaumure and I talked and the result will be a wonderfully educational tutorial in July.

-g

csehz, I'm working with Gare on a 3D tutorial. It will be one of the images that I'm posting on this thread. I think you will like it.

wizard509, I think the BP image would be a bit much for me to do as my first tutorial. I'm not sure what happened to him. The last I heard he was sick. I have not kepted in touch with him. I missed seeing his work.

I would like to take a moment to thank Gare for taking the initiative of getting this guest tutorial put together. Thank you Gare...

Im back working with 3D shapes. Here are a few more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara 3D.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	107951   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara 3D2.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	107952  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spade.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	107953  

Here are a few more from the past.

Name:	3D XP Logo 2.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	107954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apple 3d 1.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	107955  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yin yang2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	107956  

Very very cool looking ones again..

Psaumure no worries, sure we will like the tutorial. Thanks in advance that you accepted the initiative and working on that

His work is inspirational, isn't it? I'd originally asked Paul to help build a gallery of his work, but a hands-on tutorial is so much more gracious and purposeful for you people, no?

Thanks again, Paul!

-g

Here is something that I put together last night. I thought it was an interesting shape. It looks Cooool...

Gare, I remember a few years back that someone would post something cool and everyone would do their version of it. BP, Rik and I were very instrumental in starting these unofficial competitions. It would generally start here in the gallery and expand. No one knew when one would start, but just about everyone participated. I enjoyed those threads. They would go on for pages. Everyone shared how they did their updates. My skills using Xara accelerated on those threats. I gleaned from the best and it paid off for me. Between that and Gary's tutorials that I still do today, I have a good grasp on what tool and technique I should use in my projects. Hopefully, my work here on TG helps others that are getting started how to use Xara a bit better. When People tell me how good my work is, I look at the work of people like BP, Gary, Ron, Gray, and many other Artist that my work pales in comparison to. I'm getting there.

I would like to thank everyone again for all the wonderful comments on my work. They are greatly appreciated.

Name:	chane.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	107971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chane2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	107972  

Paul, I think healthy competition is key here.

And I'm not telling anyone not to make versions of the drop caps I created as freeware. I just think there's a thread for competition always, but it might not be this thread. I'd like to see this thread grow in its own way without distractions.

I have threads all over the place on the Xara Xone area, where we drift all over, produce stellar artwork, compete, improvise...heck, I ALWAYS encourage spontaneous improvisation with a piece...and sometimes a wonderful thread just dwindles for I don't know what reason.

If I seem strident about sticking to "on topic" on this thread, it might only be because I worked on these drop caps for almost four weeks on paper in a nursing home and then two solid days on my computer. I have to learn that these are no longer "my kids" and they are under my sole supervision, right?

You have very good points, Paul, thanks for getting into this little nook on TalkGraphics, and yeah, let's keep on keeping on with unofficial competitions.

I'll go first: check back here in about four hours and see if I don't present a Xara Xone Unofficial Challenge. If not, rest assured I'm working on it.

My Best,

Gary

Exclamation Re: Xara 3D

I'm back, finally, and please, Mods, don't take this as a redirect. It's a reply to Paul:

I've got a small (ha-ha) member challenge for you, perhaps the first out of Xara Xone.

so you know it's gonna be weird.

A group collaboration to draw "Infinity" .

I'll be chairing this, seeing as I don't have a video tute for June, but don't take that as supervision, because this should be a group working together, or not. I'm just going to pick up later, collect the deposit bottles and get some refunds we'll put in the General Fund.

My Best,

Gary