Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trying to find a slideshow widget

As a struggling ongoing user of WD11 Premium, I'm trying to find where to find (even if there is) a way to display say 5/6 images on a continously rotating slideshow on a website page header.
    "Rotating" as in one image after another, after another, no text, no option for the user to scroll forwards or backwards. Purely some images that move through a slideshow continuosly.
    It would be great if there were options do choose the selection speed, how the image appears - slides in, dissolves in, etc.

I found one called Nivo Slider, but I can't seem to replace the sample photos with the ones I want.
    Also in the page that opens up to explain the use, I can't alter the transistion effect (#3)or the delay(#4). I tried so many times to change the option on that page, but I just can't get any digits into those two boxes.
    Even if suceed with that part, I don't want any text at all, but can't find how to remove the black caption below the images.

(Sorry, I've posted this in the wrong forum. It should have gone into Web Design Chat, obviously.)
    Last edited by Mac Hine; 04 June 2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong group

Default Re: Trying to find a slideshow widget

Here you go Mac Hine. I apologise about the sound quality, it's a new version of my screen grab program and I've yet to sort out a decent sound recording:

Here is the code for both HEAD placeholders:

<style>
    .slideshow_paging { display: none; }
    </style>

And

<style>
    .slideshow_prev { display: none; }
    .slideshow_next { display: none; }
    </style>

Again much thanks to Acorn. Perhaps he can point us to his source .web files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Info Re: Trying to find a slideshow widget

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Again much thanks to Acorn. Perhaps he can point us to his source .web files
    Here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-Slider-Widget.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for that Acorn, I've saved it to my H/D now.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks so much for your help on this Egg.

Don't even apologise about the sound quality, the fact that someone has taken the time to make a video and explain how to use this widget, for the hard-of-learning, like myself.

Having said that, when I open the cycle6 widget, when I click to edit it, I have a standard-ish set-up menu appear. I noticed on your video you have a tab with a couple of CSS3 thingies there. I can't seem to find that at all.

Something else, when I paste the html you supplied for slideshow paging and slideshow prev & next, the image on my page disappears, although it's still there somewhere. There's just a very faint outline of where the image should be.
    Any ideas on that one?

Thanks again for your valuable assistance.

Hi Mac,

The CSS3 thingies where just placeholders supplied by member Acorn. See Acorns link in the post above yours, you'll see a number of these CSS3 "thingies", there just Acorns way of showing placeholders.

On your second point I dont know what's happening with you .web file. Could you attach it here?
    Egg

I'll try and attach it.
    Living in Thailand, t'internet is apallingly slow, but see what happens. It's a 2.3Mb file with the images attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I an finding this interesting, the video and the other explanations. However i do not understand the bit about opening the web file or how you get these CSS placeholders.

Please excuse my ignorance. How do I get the widget CSS placeholders

Mac - I think the tweaks in Acorn's Nivo Slider CSS Web were made to work with the Nivo slider. (see attached).

I stretched the Nivo slider and added your photos and the two tweaks to remove the caption bar. I removed the caption text manually from the edit window. The photos have lost their resolution and are not very sharp.

Acorn or Egg - Is there a way to change the aspect ratio of the Nivo Slider? In Mac Hine's web file his images are wider and not as tall.

I did a bit more reading and after viewing Mac's video again I think I have cracked it.

However the widget does take a long time to load in the web page review.

Any suggestions?