Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: help with simple cut and paste?

Of course, there's always the Background Erase feature in Designer Pro X10 that can semi-automatically "cut" parts out of photos...

Phil

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Yes exactly - the Erase Background tool is specifically designed for this task of cutting objects out of photos!

@Teya - go to the Erase tool (4th button down on the main toolbar), select your photo and click the "Erase background" button on the InfoBar. It will take you through the steps required to cut out the object you want in the photo.

@Gary/Steve/etc. - is it just that you forgot about this tool or do you think it doesn't do the job well enough?

Thanks

Neil

@Neil,

Rarely do the photos I need to remove a background on lend themselves to using the background erase--and I can do a quicker/better job in a dedicated photo editor when it would be best. I find it too fiddly to use, or maybe its from too many years of using a photo editor and my little brain has difficulty in changing (this last bit is the most likely...).

But using Steve's tried and true method in his video is most often the quickest means of doing a good job on many subjects. Unless the subject is something one can just use the method Egg mentions and Steve follows up on, of course, but having a purely rectangular subject is rare in my case.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    @Neil,

but having a purely rectangular subject is rare in my case.

Mike
    Mine too!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post

......or do you think it doesn't do the job well enough?
    This ^

NeilH, It does however it is still going to be rectangular the same as the photo. That is why learning how to cut out an image from it's background as shown in the video Steve posted might give superior results.

EDIT: Teya, glad you got it sorted out.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.