Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default help with simple cut and paste?

Hi I am very new to all of this, i have watched the general tutorials and still can't figure how to cut and paste basic from a imported photo? not sure if i am explaing right but, i import a photo and just need the cabinet in the photo, how do i cut it out? any help would be amazing please
    thanks
    teya.

Default Re: help with simple cut and paste?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have moved your post to the Xara Graphics Chat forum. I deleted your duplicate post.

I think you are asking how to remove an object from a photo?

If so, you need to create a masking object, such as a rectangle, ellipse, or a more detailed object that covers just the portion of the image you want to isolate.

Then select the photo and the masking object and from the Arrange menu, select Combine Shapes > Intersect Shapes.

Then there's the olde tried and true method with the shape tool:

The video Steve posted is how I do it much of the time.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

That video is a blast from the past.

Welcome Teya. Perhaps we're over-complicating the issue here (don't really know as I don't understand the "cabinet" reference. Just in case we are over-complicating the issue, here's a simpler way of getting part of an image only.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well, with your example there Egg, it's even simpler than that. Just double-click the image and drag in the clipping handles until you're left with the crop area you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	107822  

Strangly Steve I'm aware of clipping using that method but I rarely use it. I continue to do it the way i do, must be a hang-up from before the clipping tool was introduced
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    Well, with your example there Egg, it's even simpler than that. Just double-click the image and drag in the clipping handles until you're left with the crop area you want.
    I had to check this out, That does indeed activate the clipping in the camera enhance photo, well I certainly learned something today. Thanks Steve. That only works for a simple rectangular object however, for a more complex shape you might have to resort to the method shown in video you posted.

Teya, does any of this help?

Egg had done another that shows cutting out an object and placing it on a different background. If I recall correctly it was also a cow placed on some kind of red hills landscape. I'll see if I can find that and view to see if that might help.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks, yes I wasnt sure where i was supposed to post :/ .
    thanks for the help i did what you suggested and it didn't quite work out, but after reading more threads i think i missed a step, I've done it now thank you.

A big Thankyou to Steve.ledger, Egg Bramhill and wizard509! Both the example videos was exactly what I was looking for, I was trying to use freehand region tool! lol let me tell you not only did it take forever but looked terrible haha. So thanks again really appreciate the help!