Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How are transparent backgrounds created in Photo and Graphics Designer 9?

ok I don't claim any expertise in plate-tectonics but it's interesting stuff

as you may know if you are tracing lines over an image in xara then vectors can be resized without any loss of quality before you export; and alternative is to adjust the dpi of the export - the most important thing is the pixel size of the export, although it depends also on how your video editor treats import files of differing dpi
    Last edited by handrawn; 24 May 2015 at 12:29 AM. Reason: can't even spell it :)
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: How are transparent backgrounds created in Photo and Graphics Designer 9?

'Sorry 'Handrawn' I might have given a wrong impression. The use of 'chroma blue', was a default position I used in the absence of any other way of going about it, at the time. Of course, 'chroma' blue, or green has its limitations, as I found out years ago, when the blue segments of a 'Union Jack' overlay, came across as transparent holes, through which an almost equally blue sea, showed. After that, and similar experiences, I have been gradually working towards 'transparency' for everything. For instance my movies begin with a sequence which is my 'signature', an animated spinning-globe background, with a background of the stars, galaxies and 'milky-way' also in motion, plus a 'Xara' created overlay of the business end of a draughting machine as used in design and development, where I worked for quite a few years. The text of my production setup is superimposed in white, (in 'architect's daughter' font), being (in lower-case) 'back-to-the-drawing-board........presents'.

Why that title? Well, basically that's where I seem to be headed, for most-of-the-time.

ok - whatever you are overlaying it on should not affect the quality of the transparent PNG at true color plus alpha color depth - it's the size you are using that really matters and presumably 3840 x 2160 is what you have determined to be best for your particular application..
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks to 'Handrawn' and others who responded. The graphic overlays have now been added to the video timeline which I working with and they have come up superbly, as they were always intended to; only a few adjustments to line thicknesses and
    one or two pieces of text need to be added. Overlaid upon the landscapes which they represent, they add immeasurably to the understanding of what is on-screen. Again, thinks!

always good when things work out
    Nothing lasts forever...