Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Parts of site not updating when uploaded to web host

Greetings community

Maybe someone can help me please?

Some changes to my index page have not been updating.
    I see the changes in "preview" mode, but not on the website when viewed online.
    Yes, I have cleared the cache on my browser and cookies and everything.

On average I update the site everyday, and never had a problem, so this is quite odd to me.

Thanks for you reply.
    Running WD-9 Prem.

Default Re: Parts of site not updating when uploaded to web host

Couple of things you could try Jenny.

1: If you're using Xara's publish feature, go Web Properties / Under settings untick Fast publish (Only changed files) / Apply and republish.

Test to see if this works.

2: If not try this if you have Filezilla or similar FTP program. Rename 'index.htm' to 'index_old.htm' and rename 'index_htm_files' folder to 'index_htm_files_old'. Now republish your site & retest.

Let's know how you get on.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

or 3: Try refreshing the page in your browser by pressing F5 (function key F5) or Ctrl + F5.

Often the page is cached by the browser and when you load the page the browser is showing the cached page and not the changes.

Bug Re: Parts of site not updating when uploaded to web host

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I had un-ticked the fast publish option, and I always clear my cache and cookies and everything.
    Then, I uninstalled Web Designer 9 Prem, and re-installed it.

Stand-alone FTP clients (Filezilla) are my worst nightmare, that's one of the reasons I love Xara, is for the internal FTP functions.
    So, no, I do not use an external FTP client. . . . and would hope that I never have to.

I'm on an office computer with only 1.5 GB usable RAM, (try not to laugh) so, I had it upgraded to 2.5 GB usable RAM (try not to laugh again) and the computer seems to run a bit better but Xara does not seem to notice, as I still get a, "low memory" warning. They now say that I need to switch to a 64 bit operating system (Win 7 - 64 bit) in order to utilize the full 6 GB RAM that I had installed yesterday.

It's to the point that I can't update anything on the website. The program goes through the motions and does the upload but no changes on the browser.

Thanks for your help.

When you locally Export, do you see the changes?

Can you advise the changes you are expecting and tell us the published URL so someone else can check?

Can you publish o a sub-folder and see if it works there?

Do you have another browser you can check with?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

There is a utility that you can use to get Xara to access more RAM http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Try this first.

Thanks for your replies.

This project is http://www.clarkcondo.com

Yes, when I export the page or preview it, the changes are there.
    I even added an entire new page, "Executive Housing," and I don't see that page or the button on the navigation bar that directs to that page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export index page.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	107672

When I view it in my browser I do not see what I added.
    Please notice the photo and the paragraphs at the bottom of the page: "Regency Park and J-House."
    When I view online in my browser, there is no "Regency Park & J-House" photo or text.

I downloaded and installed the, "patch," but it appears as though the patch only works on 64 bit systems, and I have not made the upgrade to 64 bit yet, but I intend to attempt that today. So, consequently, I still get the, "low memory" warnings from Xara.

Thanks again for your help.

I guess my account is still limited if I post a link?

Yes, that appears to be it. I was asked for the link to my site and now my post is waiting to be approved by a moderator.

I can assure you that this is a real estate website and is hopefully not a threat tho this community.

thanks.

As mentioned in your other thread, Jenny, repost the link. Links to Xara created website don't need approval (or they didn't when I was Admin here)