Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Supersite NOT Linking to Object Anchor

I have a Supersite using a "Horizontal cube rotate" Page transition. One page has two links to anchors whose objects are each a line of text located on another page.

The link does not jump to the page AND scroll to the object (line of text) - it only jumps you to the top of the page which contains the linked object.

Changing from supersite to conventional website allows this intended action to properly function, so the inability to execute the desired activity appears to be a fault of the supersite transition.

Anyone know a way to achieve the desired effect - e.g. trick out Xara?

Default Re: Supersite NOT Linking to Object Anchor

Not sure without seeing a link or the .web or .xar file.

FYI - on the "Pricing" page I had to modify the links by changing to a single link w/ instructions ("Click then scroll to (Q4) & (Q5)...") to scroll down, as due to the issue at hand I needed to provide a work around.

www.888Sharp.com

Just out of curiosity, does this happen if you disable the supersite option and/or the page transitions?

No, as mentioned in my 1st post, if I change the website from a Supersite to a Conventional website, things will work as one would expect - meaning you page jump AND scroll to the anchor object as expected. I therefore suspect when in a Supersite, the underlying code invokes just the rotate cube transition - and never follows through to scroll down as when in a conventional website. It's as if the code forgot the follow-thru to the second command. It may be there is no way to code both - or - the scrolling part of this equation was overlooked. If true, Xara Help should include this incapability caveat.

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Thanks CQDX, bug confirmed and logged internally (DDES-9982).

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    Thanks CQDX, bug confirmed and logged internally (DDES-9982).

Neil
    Hi Neil, I purchased and installed Xara Designer Pro X11 Thursday, July 30, 2015 and retested to see if this bug has been fixed. It has not. What is the current status and, more importantly, when can I expect this to be fixed?