Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Just Launched - Xara Web Designer 11

Can you tell me if the new version has provided a rotating banner widget? There was a lot of discussion back in Jan-Feb regarding how to incorporate a rotating banner with Xara. The punch line was that there were work-arounds, but, not an integrated method of creating rotating banners. Would love to upgrade to the new X11, but, would like to have a simple rotating banner widget included in the product.

If you mean a spinning banner, then no. But the new version is full of Web Animations which you can apply to any element.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-05-27_075938.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	107687  

Has anyone tried looking at Gary's demo on a tablet? I am on holiday with only my Dell Venue 8 pro. I don't have a mouse, so I can't figure out how to see the animations. One tap does nothing, double tap enlarges the page and swipes move the page
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Only Click/Touch animations are supported on mobile devices.
    There's a tab in the Web Animation dialogue for setting Click/Touch animations.
    So if Gary didn't use any of these, you'll not suffer them on a mobile device

Name:	2015-05-28_171421.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	107694  

Haven't tried on a tablet. I don't have one. But I have tried on my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. The animations displayed are a different set from those on my laptop (only 9 rather than 15, and no text animations) but they all work with a single tap.
    Site looks good on a phone.
    bobp

No, I'm referring to a banner ad that works like the xara photo sliders, but, has the option of going to a different website if you click on the photo. The "rotating" part is that it simply puts up different banner (rotates through the banner ad list). This is pretty common on websites these days - you'll see different banner ads each time you visit a site. If you peruse the forum discussions back in Jan-Feb you'll see some discussion on some xara solutions, but, they really don't have the click-through capability.

Ah, I understand 'rotate' to mean to move in a circle round an axis or centre
    What you describe are known as Slideshow Widgets in Xara parlance.
    There is Cycle Slideshow 5 and Cycle Slideshow 6 which do what you need.

Name:	2015-05-29_062907.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	107701  

Hi, KAren,

I understand you have the template from the demo site from Magix Premium 10? I have been looking for it as well. So surprising they don't put it on as a standard... You have the files? How will I be able to get them from you?

Your feedback is highly appreciated

For others: Yes I do know it is flexible but the base of the demo 10 website is excellent and saves me allot of time....

Has anyone tried looking at Gary's demo on a tablet? I am on holiday with only my Dell Venue 8 pro. I don't have a mouse, so I can't figure out how to see the animations. One tap does nothing, double tap enlarges the page and swipes move the page
    What software is the Dell Venue running? All the touch animation effects work fine on my Samsung Tab 4 tablet and on my iPhone.

It runs Windows 8.1 Gary.