Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Just Launched - Xara Web Designer 11

Oh! I finally relented and upgraded to Web Designer 10 a week ago, despite my scarce resources! Is there any special upgrade offers to 11 for me, or must I simply accept that I missed out? Cheers, Rikko

Contact Xara support Rikko, they usually have a grace period for upgrading to a new version when you were unaware it was being released. I don't know what time scale they use.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Contact Xara support Rikko, they usually have a grace period for upgrading to a new version when you were unaware it was being released. I don't know what time scale they use.
    Thanks Egg, I will drop them a line, Cheers

(I have just double-checked and my purchase was actually only debited 2 days ago on 21st May which I notice is only 1 day after the official release date of WD11 on 20th May. I have now submitted a ticket asking them to consider providing an upgrade to me).
    Last edited by rikkoshea; 23 May 2015 at 06:15 AM. Reason: additional information

Yep, you'll defo' get a free upgrade, Rik

Period of grace: If you ordered v10 after 13th April 2015 you are entitled to a free upgrade, contact sales, do not order on this page.
    http://www.xara.com/us/web-designer/buy/

Anyone had this problem?

In Chrome my web animations work but in Firefox my navbar text animations don't work but only the text - the block nav buttons on the home page work fine.. Not sure if it is iPage, me or WD11.

Site: Strov-Graphics

If I'm honest the site works how I want it to so I am not overly upset but I'm wondering if this is just happening (or not happening) for me?

Cheers
    David

Hi David, I can confirm that FF animation works after a fashion but the animation is very jaggie compared to Chrome. See screen grab.

Can't say I'm a great lover of any of Xara's new animated buttons.

EDIT What version of FF have you got installed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strov.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	107686  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi David, I can confirm that FF animation works after a fashion but the animation is very jaggie compared to Chrome. See screen grab.

Can't say I'm a great lover of any of Xara's new animated buttons.

Yes I noted that too - did the text navigation on the other pages even work? I'm not overly concerned as the main importance of the website is another outlet for the infographics, I'm posting them everywhere!

I'm sure I'll load up one day and there will be 'Web Designer Pro 11 has an update' box-out. Nothing works perfectly first time.

Thanks for your help
    David

WEBSITE LIN I assume should read WEBSITE LINKS?
    It's cut off in every browser.

Navigation worked fine in FF for me.

FF's rendering engine isn't the same as Chrome/Safari/Opera/Maxthon or other webkit based browsers.

David I think you had too much fun with Web Animations Personally I think you've overdone it. It becomes very annoying very fast.

PS: There is no Web Designer Pro.. 'Premium' yes, 'Pro' no..

Talking Re: Just Launched - Xara Web Designer 11

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    WEBSITE LIN I assume should read WEBSITE LINKS?
    It's cut off in every browser.

Navigation worked fine in FF for me.

FF's rendering engine isn't the same as Chrome/Safari/Opera/Maxthon or other webkit based browsers.

David I think you had too much fun with Web Animations Personally I think you've overdone it. It becomes very annoying very fast.

PS: There is no Web Designer Pro.. 'Premium' yes, 'Pro' no..
    Steve that was me typing fast whilst watching Penny Dreadful Also I think you're right and I'll probably drop the animations from the window transports. If fact I'll do it now.

Cheers Steve - best bet is don't add stuff I can get carried away with

David

The strechy text buttons don't stretch in FF David.

Must agree with Steve
    Egg