Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Just Launched - Xara Web Designer 11

Auto-correct / abbreviation expansion.
    Where does that live? How do I find it?

Edit: Found it.

Click on the Spell Checker / auto correction icon on the Text Tool InfoBar, to use the auto correction feature. Select Auto correction options... from the dropdown menu.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Click on the ABC icon that sets the spell checker and you will see an option there for Auto correction options. This will bring up the auto corrections dialogue and you can set additional options there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Cheers Frances, found it in the help file just after I'd posted. Can't find a symbol for 53o (Degree). Any idea?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@gwpriester - I was not necessarily referring to the webpage you put together sir... which by the way is pretty sweet.

Maybe I'm just confused... But didn't we used to be able to have the clickable area of an object be the shape of this object?

Even in 10 (Designer Pro) it creates a square area where the object in question is. (Only the shape as clickable area is available with flash export.)

I thought for sure I had used weird shaped buttons before in the past with only the popup/link be triggered when having the pointer actually over this shape and not the smallest box surrounding this shape.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Egg - Not sure if this will help but Alt + 0176 =°

dutchim - The Mouse-Over link is what I think you are referring to. That is now a Web Animation function (see attached).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web animation show pop-up.png 
Views:	232 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	107626  

Yes it is... But in your example the mouse-over area is a square and not a circle. The corners also trigger the mouse-over effect.

I thought for sure we had the option of the mouse-over area being the actual circle as well besides a square surrounding the circle.

Hope I made myself clear

Yeah, I see what you mean. I just tried this in Designer Pro X10 and it is the same behavior.

I suspect that given the amount of code generated as it is, it is more efficient to designate a hot spot based on a rectangle (just four coordinates).

No, clickable links are always rectangles. Only swf's can use the exclusive shape of an object as far as I know. Perhaps svg can do the same?

@ Gary. I think you can only pick from the Font Awesome image set and can't use Alt +
    Egg

The link applies to the object. The button may be a circle, but the button bitmap (PNG) is a rectangle, as are all bitmaps. Transparent pixels are still part of the bitmap's grid.

But, you can get tricky and place a rectangle inside the circle and apply the link to the rectangle, then softgroup the two.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for clearing that up guys

@steve.ledger - Not a bad workaround even though not perfect.

I always forget about the soft groups.