Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Default Re: Just Launched - Xara Web Designer 11

Steve: so the cycle slideshow 5 and cycle slideshow 6 allow you to click on a photo and open a new tab to a different website for each photo? Some of the x10 photo sliders would only take you to one website, no matter which photo you clicked on. If the Cycle Slideshow 5/6 have this click-through capability that opens in new tabs then that should work for a simple rotating banner ad solution. Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, each photo can be linked.
    However the Open Link field is greyed out so they will open in the same page. The work-around it to add the target to the syntax in the link field which means using quotes like this

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pea" Target="_blank"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	107729  

Tried a dummy page with slideshow5, setup different links for each of the 5 photos. They did go to the links I set up, but, not in a new tab. Tried your syntax and it opened the same page (not the target) in a new tab.

Can I load Web Designer Premium files into Designer Pro X10 and eventually X11 (when it comes out)?

I figure if I upgrade Web Designer Premium 11 today, can I load my work into Designer Pro X11 and go from there or are they two very separate programs?

Mike

No the two programs are much the same, with Designer Pro being the top package. You can open .web or .xar files freely between either.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    No the two programs are much the same, with Designer Pro being the top package. You can open .web or .xar files freely between either.
    Will Designer Pro X10 strip out the new features of Web Designer Premium X11? Say I create my website in Premium X11 and then load into Design Pro X10 for graphics work - what will happen to the sticky features and full page backgrounds, animations, etc? I ASSUME they would be either stripped out or ignored and then when loaded back into Web Designer Premium X11 it would be all messed up - right?

Mike

That's correct. But why would you want to load it back into DPX10? You will get a warning stating "this file was created in a later version and somethings will be ignored" or similar. I did a quick test created a reveal object in WD11 and saved. Opened it in XDPX10 and got the warning. Saved it as a .xar. Reopened it in WD11 and the reveal was still functioning, so it appears to retain later versions enhancements.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think the example full-width sites are great, but where can I see to build one? I now have Ver11, but haven't yet seen a step by step tutorial showing how to create a site with full width bacground, etc. like the examples shown.

Bob I'm not sure if there are any tutorials yet.

The attached will show you a few of the basics.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It takes a lot less code to add a rectangular hot spot vs a complex (not rectangular) shape.