Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Selling my physical copy of Designer Pro X; should I include my license key with it?

Hello!

My parents asked me to get rid of stuff I don't need. I own both XDP X and XDP X9 (which I use often). I'd like to sell my copy of XDP X on Ebay and I'm wondering if I should include the license key I have for it? I looked at other listings on Ebay and none of them mentioned anything about the license keys. Am I right in assuming if someone buys the software from me, they'll get a new key when registering? If so, I'll add that to my listing. I know this sounds weird, but I want to make sure I don't screw someone over inadvertently.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

PS If this goes somewhere else, please move.
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Selling my physical copy of Designer Pro X; should I include my license key with

It might be better if you contact Xara directly. http://support.xara.com

Default Re: Selling my physical copy of Designer Pro X; should I include my license key with

Thank you Mr. Priester!
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorMoonX View Post
    Am I right in assuming if someone buys the software from me, they'll get a new key when registering?
    I don't think they can re-register it. It's registered to you!

Assume for a moment that you don't remove it from your computer. What use is the copyright if anyone who loads YOUR disk can get a separate registration number to legalize it.

I once gave away a copy of Xara Xtreme. I was told by Xara that the licence cannot be transferred. The gentleman who installed it had to use the licence number that I gave him, and as far as Xara are concerned, it still belongs to me.

I think you are going to have issues. As Gary said, I would contact Xara to find out where you stand legally before you attempt to sell it!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Help>>EULA (End User License Agreement)
    And
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...eb-designer-10

XARA DESIGNER PRO X END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA")

A. You are permitted to:

1.load or download the Software and use it only on a single client computer which is under your personal control (unless you have purchased a network license, contact Xara sales at www.xara.com); except that you may

2. copy the Software from one computer to another under your personal control provided it is used on only one computer at any one time and only by you. The copies must reproduce and include Xara's copyright notices;

3. make one copy of the Software for back-up purposes only in support of the permitted use. The copies must reproduce and include Xara's copyright notices;

4. transfer the Software (complete with all its associated documentation) and this license to another person provided he has agreed to accept the terms of this Agreement and you contemporaneously transfer all copies of the Software you have made to that person or destroy all copies not transferred. If any transferee does not accept such terms then this license shall automatically terminate. The transferor does not retain any rights under this Agreement in respect of the transferred Software or license.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Gary and Steve are both right. I've transferred a copy of Xara software before. You need to contact Xara support and tell them you wish to sell your copy of XdpX and they will remove that license from your account. You also as it states in the passage that Steve highlighted need to remove all copies of the XdpX from your computer and any other computers you may have installed it on. when you sell the software you will need to include the license key with it (it will no longer be licensed to you.) The recipient must create an account at Xara.com and contact xara support to register the software using that account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

if someone buys the software from me, they'll get a new key when registering?

That won't be the case. If you sell the software, then you sell it completely - with your licence - and you won't be using it anymore.