Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Inspired by Egg's animated card and RAMWolff's smart chip. Here's the LCD display smart card ;-)

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smartcc_ani2.gif 
Views:	674 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	13613  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Inspired by Egg's animated card and RAMWolff's smart chip. Here's the LCD display smart card ;-)

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

You may be on to something Soquili but I'm guessing the banks won't allow it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cool card.

Bob C.

Hi Soquili,

my brother had the same message yesterday on the display of a Win XP based PC. The PC is still alive but I don't know where HE is. Do you think there is a solution ?

Kindly,
    ivan

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm with Ivan, what a concept. Bet they WILL allow it.

Concept is good. If the card is lifted, it has the smart chip, if tampered with the card simply stops allowing any sort of process, in short, throw it away, report it and get a new one!!

Of course, now I am all worked up, guess the "smart chip" needs to come "alive". Good gracious, this challenge is really working me.

I love it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

YUP...........!! Well, Soquili......I did it, I made the chip live. It's a beautiful animation. You all will see it. Worked really hard, designed 6 frames and it all plays together with all the effects that I wanted.

Stuck you say.........??

Here's what I dread being told and I'm sure that this is what I will probably have to do. I have the finished card, I have the finished animation. Is it possible to just plunk the animation onto the card and export it as an animation somehow??.........or am I going to have to do 6 copies of the card and try and place the 6 frames individually centered. If this is the case, I guess we will have to see.

My luck it will be jittering all over the place. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

So, there is my dilema. Can someone direct me on this one??

Thanks so much.....off to bed I go

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi Bob - maybe the banks would go for it if the effect only occurs when the card is reported stolen ;-)

Iven - Maybe if you but Win2000 on the PC your brother will reappear :-)

RAMWolff - If you put the card in a frame by itself and then check the B (background) option for the frame properties and have it the first frame in the animation. You would then only have to align the card once to the other frames of your smart chip animation.

Thanks!!

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili, you and Egg have really animated this thread. The humour and skill make the thread a delight to open. Rammwolf, good luck with yours. Thanks, Neil

The best way to produce an interactive smart card is to use Flash (producing all the .swf's in XaraX of course) The final Flash .swf is 23 Kb
    smart card
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think LED displays would be gone by the time your card comes out. I'm always reading articles about the next technology. Based on what I've read, you should look at www.e-ink.com and see what their displays look like. Flexible (put it in your pocket), durable, and some look like text on paper. They're trying to make an electronic book with real "paper" that can be reprogrammed. Would be neat to see your animated flash card with electronic paper display (it uses less voltage and once the display is "set" it will remain displaying that until you change it)

Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0