Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XWD 10 Premium and packages

If I buy new XWD 10 Premium...has it all features or do I need purchase every single pack separately. Templates,widgets,plug-ins...I canīt figure it out in description if the additional packs are included or not.
    Thanks for response to clear it up.

Default Re: XWD 10 Premium and packages

Everything here is included.
    http://www.xara.com/us/web-designer/templates/
    There are additional add-ins available if you find something you like that isn't included.
    I would download the trial since it gives you access to one of the templates so you can see how it works.

Here are some video tutorials to get started.
    Click on "Web Design" at the top.
    http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/tutorials-demos/0/

Thanks for your answer.
    1.I did already downloaded trial but as I can see still lots of options are marked as red and not accesible.Another issue is compatibility-some separate plug-in/ads-on are only in 32 bit,which it says donīt work on new Xara 10.
    So what exactly-question to Xara company-a point with trial? There is no way to check it out if it works the way I want and expect,doesnīt matter if you extent trial to 30 Days och so if the features donīt work fully.
    2. Is there any info about release next generation Xara 11 ?

I can see still lots of options are marked as red and not accessible.

All features work, but not all templates, etc are available

some separate plug-in/ads-on are only in 32 bit,which it says donīt work on new Xara 10.

Xara 10 is supplied with 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The 32-bit plugins work with the 32 bit version.

There is no way to check it out if it works the way I want and expect

All the functionality is there. There is every opportunity to check out the features.

The 32-bit plugins work with the 32 bit version.
    Yes,but 32-bit doesnīt work with Xara 64-bit. I donīt see a point going back to 32-bit if all systems I have on PC are 64-bit. Version 32-bit in general have less resolution and with todays picture quality it is not satisfactory for users.
    All features work, but not all templates, etc are available.All the functionality is there. There is every opportunity to check out the features.
    That is exactly what I mean,features yes but not all templates and widgets.
    Thank you for your reply.

You have been a TGer since 2011. You might therefore have a package you can upgrade from.
    It should be a worthwhile investment, you couldn't design one of these template for the cost. So if they look promising, go for it.

If they all turn to rats, you still have a Designer product and can roll your own.

Personally, I have never delivered a client site to a template but i use the template and the opportunity to changes its colours thematically to be an early selling feature.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Miramar View Post
    The 32-bit plugins work with the 32 bit version.
    Yes,but 32-bit doesnīt work with Xara 64-bit. I donīt see a point going back to 32-bit if all systems I have on PC are 64-bit. Version 32-bit in general have less resolution and with todays picture quality it is not satisfactory for users.
    There is no difference in resolution at all between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
    Xara provides both 32-bit and 64-bit versions so that legacy 32-bit plugins can be used. It's a reasonable compromise. Xara does supply both versions.

All features work, but not all templates, etc are available.All the functionality is there. There is every opportunity to check out the features.
    That is exactly what I mean,features yes but not all templates and widgets.
    I suspect that Xara doesn't wish to provide Content before purchase. That's entirely understandable.

Whether you agree or disagree with their trial provision is of no consequence - that's the way it is and it's more than adequate for testing the program's functionality.

Oki,thanks for all replies. Most of programs trial version means that there is kind of watermark or so but you can try all features.
    Thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Miramar View Post
    Oki,thanks for all replies. Most of programs trial version means that there is kind of watermark or so but you can try all features.
    Thanks again guys!
    Xara has always offered full functionality of the program so you could use it, lose it and actually have a fully functioning site at no cost.
    To edit it you obviously would then need a paid-up copy. It is a very fair approach.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat