Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I STILL continue to be amazed by Xara. Features which are simply and elegantly implemented are quite remarkable.

I was making some graphics for a PP presentation and was given a graph from a DOS program (a screen capture). It had the typical white background. As seen below there was no way (considering the resolution of the screen capture) that I could effectively/quickly/easily mask the white areas.

Solution: After importing the bitmap (Image 1 below) and I gave it a 0% Stained Glass Transparency (Image 2 below).

What is REALLY REMARKABLE though is that a DROP SHADOW can be applied to the transparency and even the grid-lines of the graph show up clearly in the drop shadow (the violet colored lines of Image 2)!.

ALSO NOTE: If you wanted to create a transparent Mono Chrome copy of a bitmap, without permanently modifying the bitmap, you could follow the above procedure and followed by Arrange > Convert to Editable Shapes and an Ungroup.

[This message was edited by John Clements on December 05, 2001 at 10:50.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.gif 
Views:	220 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	19176  

I STILL continue to be amazed by Xara. Features which are simply and elegantly implemented are quite remarkable.

I was making some graphics for a PP presentation and was given a graph from a DOS program (a screen capture). It had the typical white background. As seen below there was no way (considering the resolution of the screen capture) that I could effectively/quickly/easily mask the white areas.

Solution: After importing the bitmap (Image 1 below) and I gave it a 0% Stained Glass Transparency (Image 2 below).

What is REALLY REMARKABLE though is that a DROP SHADOW can be applied to the transparency and even the grid-lines of the graph show up clearly in the drop shadow (the violet colored lines of Image 2)!.

ALSO NOTE: If you wanted to create a transparent Mono Chrome copy of a bitmap, without permanently modifying the bitmap, you could follow the above procedure and followed by Arrange > Convert to Editable Shapes and an Ungroup.

[This message was edited by John Clements on December 05, 2001 at 10:50.]