Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Embedding Graphics into Text, Align to descender

When pasting/embedding the contents of the clipboard into text, I'd like an option that would allow the bottom of a graphic to be aligned the descender of the text line rather than to the baseline of the text.

In the attached example of a lesson plan, I pasted graphics of Function Keys, Prompts, Menu selections, or portions of a Toolbar. After pasting, I have to select the embed object and apply a baseline shift to prevent potential interference with the spacing of the text-line above. This can be a tedious process. If the bottom of the embed object could automatically be aligned to the descender of the text, it could save a lot of time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	107279

Default Re: Embedding Graphics into Text, Align to descender

At least in XDP X9 and above, try creating a character style to apply to the elements that include the baseline shift. Now, it would be nice if text styles could be tied to shortcut keys. Maybe there is, but I didn't see one.

I would be creating these types of publications in another application. However, in one of those applications I would also use a character style. In the image below, there is one graphic in place at the top of the screen shot. The lower one has the inserted graphic highlighted and the character style applied.

Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-003157.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	107280

Default Re: Embedding Graphics into Text, Align to descender

Hi Mwenz:

Thanks for the reply. I did use character styles, but I found editing/added text directly after the embedded graphic sometimes fiddly, especially if it was just prior to a line feed/carriage return.