Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default can a visitor to my site upload a file for me?

hello:

I have my own rented server space and want to allow people to send me files. is this possible through Xara? if not any direction on where to look would be a great help.

thank you in advance.

best regards,

ed taylor

Default Re: can a visitor to my site upload a file for me?

Pretty dangerous allowing people to upload files to your sever. Why not use a dedicated email address for the purpose?
    But no, Xara Designer does not have any widgets to allow this, in any case you have to know how to set permissions to allow this on the server.

For more info just google 'file upload script'

hi steve:

thank you for your response! I did wonder about inherent risks as you pointed out. email is limited to a 10, 20 or 25 mb size depending on the isp. the files would be a half gig or so. i'll give a try to one of the transfer sites I looked up. thanks for the pointer on what to google. I will have a look just out of interest.

thanks again!!

ed

Quote Originally Posted by eeetee View Post
    ....the files would be a half gig or so. .
    Woah!!!! Folks will need a darn good up-link connection speed for that sort of transfer.

What kind of files are we talking about here?

I would suggest getting them to upload the files to a site such as mediafire, onedrive or dropbox, and share them with you by sending the download link via email. This would seem first safer but also easier.
    Good luck.