Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to make the same button open and close a popup

Ive got a menu button on a mobile site.

How do i make the same button open the popup layer and then close the popup layer when its clicked a second time?

The layer only closes when you click somewhere else on the page

Thank you

Default Re: How to make the same button open and close a popup

Hi Megg, place popup: "mypopup" close "mypopup" in the button link changing mypopup to the popup layer name

James, tried it and it stubbornly fails to work for me.
    Any chance you can upload an example?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

My bad! that only works with multiple popups
    You would need to duplicate your button onto the popup layer and place popup:close in the link
    popup_open-close.xar

Thought that might be the only way James. Thanks. Ive done it this way.

when its the popup close ive had to put a white box around the menu icon and group it (to make it larger), as otherwise the screen tries to zoom in on it, which it doesnt do when its being used to open the menu, only when the same icon is used to close it. But problem solved.

Info Re: How to make the same button open and close a popup

I did this some time ago with jQuery, which was overkill.
    This approach here uses a normal call to open a layer and popup:close on a separate button on the called layer to close it.

The extra is the CSS Placeholder that hides the close icon so the only way to close the layer is the button.

CSS3 - Toggle Button.web

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you! The popup: close works brilliantly, and I didn't realise I needed new layers for a popup, so have no managed to make so!