Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem when creating variant

Hi I created a website from scratch using Xara web designer 10 premium version 10.1.5.37495, and am trying to create a mobile variant 480 px. When I click create I get an internal program error 5387.k.sp.ps (see picture below). What am I doing wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	internal program error.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	107247

Thank you

Roly

Default Re: Problem when creating variant

Clearly it shouldn't be happening.
    The normal recommendation is to open the application by right-clicking its icon or explorer filename and picking Run as administrator: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=si...sm=93&ie=UTF-8.

You need only do this once; its purpose is to probably to correctly link DLLs or or assets that might have been locked during your installation.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn, I have already tried run as administrator and had the same response.

Ciao

Roly

Try removing any navbars before creating the variant.
    If this fails, try removing any HTML placeholders you may have added to the main site.
    If variant creation succeeds, then you know where the problem is likely to be.

Thanks Steve, I'll give this a shot tomorrow

Ciao

Roly

Hi Steve, I tried again after removing the navbars, same results. Then I removed the HTML placeholder and the navbars, same results. I then tried creating a mobile variant on an other website that I had created from scratch and BINGO, all was good. So I guess there is something else that is causing the problem. I will continue to search and try removing different elements and keep you guys informed should I find something.

Ciao

Roly

Eureka! very interesting , I started with the originally created website (leaving navbars, HTML placeholders and all other features IN) and ONLY REMOVING the pasteboard background from the first page (index page) and BINGO a new mobile variant (480 px) was created.

Now I can sleep, thanks to Acorn and Steve for your trying to help me.

Ciao

Roly