Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Logo!

I have a clothing company called OVAS. We are currently working on a logo and we wanted to use the letter "O" but it's too plain. If anyone can help me please write me back.

I have a clothing company called OVAS. We are currently working on a logo and we wanted to use the letter "O" but it's too plain. If anyone can help me please write me back.

Bang

I assume you are selling your clothing for a profit. Do you intend to pay for the services of a designer?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    burl me to beehives</a>

Or something like that. I agree with Gary. It's very tempting to try to design a logo for a new company, but it usually is a service that is payed for.

Hurl Beehives at him [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

I don't understand why every time someone wants help with a logo they are guilt tripped into paying someone.

If you don't want to help for free, don't help. It is as simple as that.

If you are willing to do it for money, then send them a message or something.

Bang, why don't you post some of your ideas and we can work from there.

I would love to have sent a message...

...did you catch Bang's E-mail address anywhere? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

...but I design logos for a living. And when an organization is a non-profit I don't mind donating my ideas and my time (I have been doing this for over 30 years).

But when an established company wants "help" it usually means they want a logo for free. And while there are plenty of people who will help others at not cost (I do not remember seeing any offer to pay for the time and talents for those who helped you design your new logo). Professional logo design, by the way, starts at about $600-$1200 for a simple logo and goes up from there depending upon the size of the company and the ultimate use of the logo).

It is hard to make a living when people are giving away design for free. Helping someone by giving them feedback is one thing, but asking for a logo is another.

I hope you can appreciate what I am saying.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester" TARGET=_blank>
    burl me to beehives</A>

I don't think any of the replies are guilt-tripping the poster into paying. I think his post isn't clear whether he's looking for free help or whether he's looking to hire someone to design a logo. It would be good for him to state this up front so people can decide whether to reply to him or not. It's a logical expectation to be paid to design a logo for a for-profit company. If he posted some design ideas and asked for feedback,then it's clearer what he wants but his post is not clear what he wants.

Gary, I am an Oracle and web application programmer. I have created simple logos for myself and a few clients.

When I posted my JSAM logo I simply asked for feedback, not a redesign. Wayne came up with a great idea and I did offer to pay him for it.

For the record I have paid for logos in the past, from logomotive.net and Nopov on elance (I highly recommend both, by the way.)

If someone asks for help with a logo you can simply point them to a place where they can have one professionally designed.

bang,
    were you lookin' for something like this, or did you want the "O" to dominate the logo?
    cheers
    eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OVAS.jpg 
Views:	999 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	8680