Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Here is my latest website using transistions

Looks really nice. Is this a supersite?

I think it's a super site! It just looks modern and easy to sell on. I purchased the template from a great website for Xara templates, as much as I like using Xara WD, their templates are not as good as they can be when compared to the ones I bought. I guess it could be considered a Supersite in Xara's terms.

Do you have a link Andy?

Hi Andy

I think that your site looks fantastic - particularly on a desktop.

When viewed on my Ipad it displays the same kind of 'loose' behaviors some of my own sites do.

I will be greatly interested in how you get on with parallax - it has been a holy grail of mine - I did manage to get it working to a degree, but then found that it was not supported on mobile devices! Doh!

Is the template one of Michals (I think his work is fantastic)? If so one of his other templates has a parallax type effect that does work on mobiles - I am currently experimenting with it for my own home site.

Hi Nobbyy, Yes, it is one of Michals designs. I emailed him regarding parallax and he is going to be experimenting with it. So we should look out for that.
    The mobile version that I redirect to is a completely separate website that I created using elements from the main site, it is not a variant. So the site you are looking at on your iPad is the original desktop and it does have that 'loose' effect. That is why I did not use the variant for smartphones, it produced that 'rattle' effect, and your iPad experience demonstrates that also. However, it is a small price to pay for such a striking desktop design, I am getting many comments on that site, mainly complimentary.
    I also wrote to Xara support to see if there was a download option for their own vertical demo site> http://www.webdesigner-v10-demosite...._xr_page_index
    Now that is one I would like to use!

Hi Andy

Thanks for the quick response!

I agree that the 'rattle' is worth it for the aesthetics of the site and I am sure that the average visitor would not care and may even think that it is a feature! LOL

I also agree that access to the source files for the demo site would be very useful, but from my non expert view, it is actually a number of 'linked' sites.

The template should have wrapped the body content and included some CSS like this:

#wrapper {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    overflow-x: hidden;
    }

Then this 'wobble' and scrollbar issue would be gone.

Nice, the page transitions look cool with the full background image.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.