Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photoshop CS6 will not open psd, jpg, tif, or RAW files

I suddenly cannot open any photo files in Photoshop CS6 64bit. I can't open by right click>open as, or by opening within Photoshop with File>Open or from Lightroom 4 using Photo>Edit In>Photoshop CS6 or using Bridge. If I reboot my computer I can open one photo and then I can open no more. The files are fine. They all open in Lightroom. I've made no changes to my computer settings, etc.

Default Re: Photoshop CS6 will not open psd, jpg, tif, or RAW files

grindorian, I moved your thread to graphics chat because ir does not belong in the challenges. We no longer have a photoshop forum so I thought graphics chat could get you the best help.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Photoshop CS6 will not open psd, jpg, tif, or RAW files

For this type of problem, I would first try resetting PS. From the help file, Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

If that fails to work, then you likely will need to uninstall, run the cleaner tool. Read the help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-sui...-problems.html

It could be a plug-in issue...did you install any new ones? If so, they can be moved out of the plug-in folder with PS not running, then starting it.

Mike