Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Licence Plate

Default Re: Licence Plate

A lot better looking than our plates, Egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thanks for the link Mike. I wasn't overly worried re the font. I've no idea if all states use the same font or not. It was more a challenge to get the embossed plate effect I was after. In the UK there is a single font for all plates, with exact sizing dimensions etc, which these days are mainly for vehicle identification cameras. Don't know how this works for US state plates?
    Hi Egg—

No; each of our 50 states determines what their state plate (license plates are issued by the state, not the Feds) looks like, and several, such as New York, change the look of the plate frequently and offer special styles for a premium to those vain enough to pay even more to the state for the privilege of driving.

I wasn't distracted in the least by your choice of typefaces; I looked at the piece overall and saw the beauty and all the hard work.

And yes: although it was more of a technological challenge for our law enforcement, we do have cameras that have a resolution and software enhancement that can focus on a license plate from a distance of more than a dozen feet away.

-g
    Last edited by Gare; 11 April 2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: politically incorrect paragraph

Egg and a plate. The perfect combination.

Yes, they're everywhere here. They are used by police to check on valid insurance & valid MOT ( a yearly inspection all cars over 3 years old need to pass to stay on the road). For average speed cameras, some covering many miles and some for traffic congestion by timing cars between 2 given points. I worked on CCTV for several months & they were testing these number plate recognition cameras, the speed & accuracy they read the plates & checked the details was incredible.

Anyone who is smaller than me and tells people "Surveillance equals security", I'd throttle.
    Couldn't agree more Gary

@ Paul: You need some bacon too as well I hope.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Egg and a plate. The perfect combination.
    Nicely arranged, paul, ready for a second serving!

-g