Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to colorize spots selected with the "region" tools?

Hi,

I selected spots with both the rectangular and the painter "region" tools.

I tried to drag and drop colors into the spots but they didn't change color (actually the image overall changed colors).

How to colorize (regular colors and by using color picker) a spot selected with the "region" tools?

Many thanks,

Cadu

Default Re: How to colorize spots selected with the "region" tools?

Hi Cadu,

I selected spots with both the rectangular and the painter "region" tools.
    Sorry, you've lost me all ready. I've no idea what you mean. Perhaps you can explain in more detail or supply a xara file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, substitute 'spots' with 'areas'..

@cadudesun

After selecting an area with the region tool, use the Photo Tools to edit the selected region.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-10_071256.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	107077  

Thanks for info on "After selecting an area with the region tool, use the Photo Tools to edit the selected region." It is new for me.

Regarding "colorize spots selected with the region tools", I demonstrate it through a short record of my screen: http://goo.gl/2DNpcX

By chance I realized if I drag and drop a shape made with the region tool from the "mask" into the "layer", the shape can be colorized.

I could achieve the output I needed, but the process was really by chance and I don't know what Designer Pro is doing "behind the scenes".

Best,

Cadu

You may need to study the manual to learn which tools are best for which job.
    Also check the xaraxone (new and archived) for lots of help with basic Xara Designer usages.
    What you described and the video shows can be done much easier with the right tool.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Cadudesun, The region/mask tools are for working with photos as Steve showed in his example above you can use them to work on sections of a photo. if you want to just "paint" a shape you should use the shape painter it will create a vector shape you can fill with any colour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    if you want to just "paint" a shape you should use the shape painter it will create a vector shape you can fill with any colour.
    Many thanks all of you for information!
    The "shape painter" is everything I was looking for.
    Actually, regarding the operation I mentioned above in the thread, if I drag and drop a shape made with the region tools from the "mask" into the "layer" (http://goo.gl/2DNpcX), what seems to happen is the shape will become a vector shape! I mean, the this workaround I've been doing can be simplified by using the "shape painter" directly!
    Best, Cadu