Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile Friendly Sites and Google

I just learned last night that Google has changed how it indexes sites, taking into consideration whether a site is "mobile-friendly" or not. It will reward those that are compliant and punish those that are not. if your website does not meet Google’s new mobile-friendly requirements, traffic from Google will be practically non-existent, your site’s Google ranking will plummet, and your clients and prospects will have a difficult time finding your website. There is a page where you can test your sites to be sure. https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...bile-friendly/

I have tested several of my site designs and some failed and the most recent site I designed using WD10 Premium passed. The Responsive templates have worked well on that site. But I see several redesigns in my near future.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Mobile Friendly Sites and Google

"if your website does not meet Google’s new mobile-friendly requirements, traffic from Google will be practically non-existent, your site’s Google ranking will plummet, and your clients and prospects will have a difficult time finding your website."

I would say you are a glass half empty person.

If all your other sites fail, be happy you now have one everyone will flock to.

Google doesn't bother me too much.

"if your website does not meet Google’s new mobile-friendly requirements, traffic from Google will be practically non-existent, your site’s Google ranking will plummet, and your clients and prospects will have a difficult time finding your website."
    Didn't you miss the plague of locus somewhere along the way too?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Remember that change only affects users using mobile devices to perform a search..
    If you have a site suited best to desktops and desktop viewers are your target, then nothing is likely to change.
    Content is still King and that will always bring results no matter which search engine you use, Google doesn't own the web.

While I believe passionately with Steve regarding 'content is king' There are two things to remember; when google give a guideline about something and they say that it's not 'compulsory' you can bet that within a certain period of time that it will indeed become compulsory. Secondly checking the many sites I have google analytics accounts for (well over 200) I can say that mobile now makes up almost 60% of all traffic. Both these reasons mean that following google's guidelines is very important indeed, even though google does not own the web; other search engines will follow suit. At the moment though you can do a search and you will see that not all the sites in the top ten are mobile friendly, this is just a very small part of overall SEO and your rankings will certainly not plummet.

I maintain sites for my clients therefore I have to do what is best for them and following the latest guidelines is what is best for them.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk