Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Scribble April 2015

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymopar View Post
    it's cool (and educational) to see how a simple scribble can be interpreted and manipulated differently by others. and your sweet palette made me realize that the negative space of the scribble is just as useful!!!
    Glad you liked it mikey. So I take it you are in favor of profiling and increasing the line weight if necessary.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

+1 from me too. A line is a line if it's black or red, if it's 64pt or 1pt, profiled or not profiled, used as a path for a brush or as a brush shape etc etc
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    ....So I take it you are in favor of profiling and increasing the line weight if necessary.
    i've always pushed others more towards creativity than aesthetics so if it helps with your design, sure, go for it. but personally i'll still try using the scribble as given with as few mods to it (and thus resulting in quite the rudimentary image with my patience and skill set) and i still really like your use of the shape in the scribble palette. the scribble is there, just not in physical shape. you might see me attempt something like that in future challenges

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymopar View Post
    personally i'll still try using the scribble as given your use of the shape in the scribble palette. the scribble is there, just not in physical shape. you might see me attempt something like that in future challenges
    That's usually what happens mikey, when you latch onto one end of a given line and keep adding to it to create a shape, and, when it is filed and closed the line usually goes away. So you are left with a shape but it somewhere still must have the given line as part if the design whether you see it or not.

Penny O'Rorke is a great example of using the given line repeatedly to form her designs.

"you might see me attempt something like that in future challenges" I know you can and will do it, actually you already have.

One time I posted a real scribble and Rik rose to the challenge, not by using the line at all because no one could find an end to latch onto but his reply became the basis of a long standing joke. So if you see me get Mr Whatshisname or Mr Scribble (I use the names interchangeably) after someone that's where it came from.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Smelly spammer

Dealt with, in an appropriate manner!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thanks Rik!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509