Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Universal "Stop sharing with variants" option?

Hello,

Having tried to create a mobile (480px) version of my site last year, I eventually gave up as it was proving too problematic. However, having recently failed the Google "mobile friendly" test in advance of their algorithm change this month, I thought I would try again. The problem now is that too many of the changes made to the mobile site are being replicated in the main site, so I have laboriously to select the "Stop sharing with variants" option for each item changed in the mobile site.

Is there any way to select "Stop sharing with variants" for the whole mobile site, rather than for each individual component?

Many thanks,
    Geoff

Default Re: Universal "Stop sharing with variants" option?

On a variant-by-variant & page-by-page basis, Select All, then pick Utilities >Website variants > Stop sharing with variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi all

Sorry to hijack a thread, but I too am having some problems with variants while trying to implement mobile versions on sites prior to the change.

I cant seem to find any logic as to when changes to layout of either text or photographs 'pull through' to the main site - sometimes they do, sometimes they dont and it does not appear to be related to having the little " symbol. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am really concerned as to how to keep content aligned across the variants in the future when changes are required if I stop sharing the changes - could mean that the work is multiplied by 3.

This was also my problem - images, in general, resized on the mobile version remained unaltered on the main site, but text re-sizing often affected both, although not consistently.

For the time being, I'd prefer to go with Acorn's suggestion, and stop sharing altogether, rather than switch back-and-forth every time a change is made to see if the main site is affected or not.

This was why I gave up on the mobile variant last year - having spent yesterday afternoon and this morning working on the mobile version, I tied to export just now and was immediately met with: internal program error 1143.k.st.es

The work had been saved prior to the export attempt, so I exited the program, re-started with Administrator rights, only for the same error message to appear.

Any suggestions?

Optimizing all images (again) and a system re-start has cured the problem . . . for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgam View Post
    Hello,

Having tried to create a mobile (480px) version of my site last year, I eventually gave up as it was proving too problematic. However, having recently failed the Google "mobile friendly" test in advance of their algorithm change this month, I thought I would try again. The problem now is that too many of the changes made to the mobile site are being replicated in the main site, so I have laboriously to select the "Stop sharing with variants" option for each item changed in the mobile site.

Is there any way to select "Stop sharing with variants" for the whole mobile site, rather than for each individual component?

Many thanks,
    Geoff
    You can add my vote for that option. I have exchanged several emails with Xara, explaining the problems it sometimes causes when everything updates.

I have suggested that they can leave what they have now... just add a simple way to stop all Variant updating site-wide for those of us who like to make our layout look good on all variants.

For now, Select All and Stop Sharing page by page is the fastest way I have found.