Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Create Bitmap Copy in Place

I want to created bitmap copy remained in the same place as the original.
    Who knows suchlike trick?

I usually copy the original in the clipboard. And then apply "Paste position" to the created copy.
    This method has a drawback: Cache is quickly overloaded. And I work with large files.

Thanks!

Default Re: Create Bitmap Copy in Place

None that I can find.

When the bitmap copy is created , it can be dragged onto the original and with Snap to Objects selected, properly aligned.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Press the Shift key before you click Create. This creates a bitmap copy in the same position as the original.

Well, of course! Thank you @Acorn for the idea. Why did not I know that? The simplest method is a "Object Alignment" tool. I'm stupid.
    All ingenious is simple.

@gwpriester Too cool! Thank you! I always use hotkeys(Shift+Strl+C), so do not try this method. I'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Press the Shift key before you click Create. This creates a bitmap copy in the same position as the original.
    Thanks Gary, that one slipped by me.
    It would be nice to have in described in the dialog box or even in the very specific Help window, represented through the dialog's Help button.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Gary, That's a very handy tip.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

That's one I didn't know either. Cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalphaser View Post
    I want to created bitmap copy remained in the same place as the original.
    Who knows suchlike trick?
    Is it a bitmap copy of a bitmap or vector? As you said 'as the original' I'll assume the original is a bitmap in the first place.
    In this case, Ctrl+K (clone) will create a bitmap copy exactly on top.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    Is it a bitmap copy of a bitmap or vector? As you said 'as the original' I'll assume the original is a bitmap in the first place.
    In this case, Ctrl+K (clone) will create a bitmap copy exactly on top.
    If it is a copy of a bitmap then make sure your give the original a Name before cloning; this saves your Xara application thinking it is a different image and makes your cache payload increase.
    In XDPX10, you can also use Live Copy but the Shift+Enter trick doesn't work.

Acorn