Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Place of pasted Opacity mask

Hi, could you please someone advise how to control the place of the pasted Opacity mask shape?

In this simple example so having the black star as opacity shape and trying to paste in the left corner of the rectangle, my current steps are:
    1) copy black star (which is so already placed exactly where the Opacity mask should be)
    2) right click on the rectangle and selecting Paste/Paste Opacity Mask
    3) that places a white star in the middle
    4) in Page & Layer Gallery finding the middle pasted star shape, selecting and moving up to its required place so to the left up corner

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PlaceOpacityMask.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	106852

PasteOpacityMask.xar

Briefly how to eliminate the step 4) and with some way pasting immediately to its place? Maybe be a kind of Ctrl + Shift + V tactic but for opacity masks

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Place of pasted Opacity mask

Your Profile shows you are using Designer Pro 10 so you should be able to set a keyboard shortcut to paste an opacity mask in place. In the Utilities Menu select customize key shortcuts and a dialogue box will pop up find paste opacity mask in place in the list and on the right side you can enter in what ever key combination you want. (I use shift +o) Designer Pro will show you in the clashes area if that key combo is already being used for something else. Once you have your keyboard short cut and there are no clashes click ok and you are done. Then it becomes a quick matter of typing Ctrl+x to cut your mask shape to the clipboard select your object to apply the opacity mask to and type your short cut (in my case shift +o) and you are done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

In step 1) Cut the star to the clipboard (Ctrl+X)
    Then with the rectangle selected go to: Edit>>Paste>>Paste Opacity mask in place.

Edit: Beaten to it

That is great like that, thanks very much