Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default CURSOR CROSS HAIR SETTINGS

Where are the settings for the selector cursor (crosshair). It is typical for graphics design apps to have a setting to adjust the selection cursors overall size and also orientation, i.e linear or orthogonal. I cant find the settings in any of the xara apps we have. Although it is probably the same in all, we specifically need to locate the settings in photo & Graphics Designer 9
    Hope some can hep

Default Re: CURSOR CROSS HAIR SETTINGS

You mean like AutoCad where the crosshairs go from top to bottom, and left to right?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Are you referring to something like the attached image?

Xara does not offer this kind of cursor.

There are custom cursors on the web you can download and install though I am always wary of anything that is free (even from C-Net) because you generally get more than you bargained for and not in a good way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crosshairs.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	106824  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Are you referring to something like the attached image?

Xara does not offer this kind of cursor.

There are custom cursors on the web you can download and install though I am always wary of anything that is free (even from C-Net) because you generally get more than you bargained for and not in a good way.
    No, what I am needing specifically is to enlarge the target area in the center of the cursor crosshairs, my example was meant to provide a reference so others would know what I was looking for.
    Since you responded, is there "ANY" modification available for the cursor and crosshair
    Thanks !!

Not within Xara, but as I pointed out, there are custom cursors. Again, I am not sure if they will work inside Xara.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I think there may a registry setting that can be set with XaReg to change the cursor to a crosshair but as far as I know nothing in regards to sizes. Perhaps someone else may have a better idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniemcc View Post
    Where are the settings for the selector cursor (crosshair). It is typical for graphics design apps to have a setting to adjust the selection cursors overall size and also orientation, i.e linear or orthogonal.
    I've seen this in pixel pushing painter apps but not vector apps, although the vector Painter tool's circular cursor region is realizable.
    Otherwise, the feature you are looking for doesn't exist with Xara software.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-29_164905.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	106854