Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Perhaps this could be a nice place to visit [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://www.xara.com/gaddesden/graphics/steps2.jpg
    -
    http://www.xara.com/gaddesden/graphics/house3.jpg

Øystein

conquer the Xara's HQ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Wouldn't it be great if Xara Ltd. could put up a big tent in the garden for us - and we could all just stay at a small local inn rather than a big city hotel. Heck I'd even play that croquet game with Mark on his lunch break if he wanted.

I really doubt we need much in terms of facilities to pull off a great happening. If Xara Ltd. would let us camp out in the grounds I'd be pleased as punch.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Gary,

You asked the questions (a) would people go and (b) what do you think we could get out of it.

Everyone has talked of the first question. My answer to that (being just a domestic flight away from London) is maybe (like others I've got kids etc to spend money on).

My answer to the second part would be that, while it would be a great social event, I learn so much here that I don't know if I could learn more on a 1, 2 or 3 day get together. The value of this place is that people drop in when they have time. Don't know about others but I always feel like its real time (in a way). Everyone responds when they have time to and after they have thought about the posts and to me that's the best way to meet.

Turan

PS Thanks for the invite.

Well, without actually having a full seminar, it could be worth organising groups in different places. Satori tried it once and Macromedia are trying it in London. If anyone is interested in coming to an evening bash in London, not very flash though, I'd be interested. Enough to try helping out to make it happen.

No, it's really not fair to people living elsewhere but other cities could do their own thing. Liverpool is represented for sure!

There was a "where are you" thread a while ago, which could help us suss out just that.

So, as I'm so parochial, is anyone interested in Central London (Tuesday evenings), pubroom, with someone to explain how not to do whatever

Jon
    Jon

(and from the dead he arises......)

Gary,

That is what my company does. Typically we webcast for training but the content is of no importance. It allows you to view the conference live, ask questions, respond to polls, veiw external content and speaker support .. the whole ball of wax, and then have it available afterwords for on demand play. I've been in and around this stuff for years now so even if my offering doesnt fit the bill there (which is perfectly fine..) I know the space well enough to direct you to what will.

Just let me know.

Joe

p.s. and for those that may actually remember me. Greetings, I make a habit of spying on the Xara conference every so often even though I don't get to play with Xara anywhere near as much as I once did. Glad to see things still going strong.

Has anybody not read the forum for a day or even two and then gone back to read? My gosh, there is too much.

1. I book flights for my boss all the time. It is usually cheaper to fly to Europe than to fly to, say, Minneapolis...get that one. Of course, I hear the Concord is going back in business. That is one of my life's goals to fly on it, although the $10,000 is a little steep for me. That will be if I have $10,000 left when I get the news I only have 6 months to live. It might be worth consideration then.

2. I like to camp, but not in Europe in the Winter...Spent a couple of weeks in May in Holland camping once..it was so cold I refused to get out of the sack(sleeping bag).

3. Will you let me come, even though I am only an artist groupie?

4. I can probably scratch up the dough, but taking time from here always puts me on a real guilt trip.

5. If I only lived 40 miles away, I could go to the conference for free.....(save the entrance fee).

6. Renting Condos is a fun way to go.

7. Isn't it a little dangerous in Slovakia right now?

8. And, anybody who doesn't type fast enough for online chats should look into Dragon Speaks or some other cheap voice recognition software. The DOM has done a little experimentation on it and it appears to work pretty well even for chats.

9. Hey, I for holding it at the XARA "castle".

10. So, even though I can't promise I'll be able to attend, it would certainly be worth pondering.

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/deltaplate.gif

I am all for it. Will it be an open conference or will it be a propaganda thing like Corel's, whre no one can complain about Corel?

NetMeeting could work, hoever, it is a Microsoft product and you'd really have to auction your kid to get it to work at showtime.

Let's have it in New Mexico in Gary's backyard. The scenery is nice and you can get bonafide indian pottery jewelry at reasonable prices (not in Gary's backyard but in the nearby towns.) That, and the fact that it would take me 30 minutes to get there! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Milt

Last time I checked, www.centranow.com offered a net-meeting sort of arrangement that is free for the first 5 paticipants, and $10 per person after that. It allows for application sharing and real-time voice communication.

I've used the full version (not the web based one) many times with great success. It lets you sit at home with speakers/microphone and attend a virtual meeting hosted by a moderator.

~Dave!~
    ~Dave!~

I think you've got Slovakia mixed up with one of the Balkan countries. Slovakia is one part of what earlier this century was known as Czechoslovakia. And as far as I know it is perfectly safe there.