Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 1920s Apothecary and Haberdashery

How bout the windows now?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apothecary 20x30.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	106750  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Better Ron. You might think about positioning them so they cut what's behind them. So for instance if the leftmost window is a reflection with a sofa or something behind it then the sofa could be dark like you shoe but the reflection being lighter will also lighten the part behind it, not all of it just the part that the reflection is over.. That way it would bring the reflection to the front and maybe appear on the surface.Another thing I noticed is the mullions and muntons would have a slight shadow which would help set them apart. All in all I like it very much, just trying to be helpful.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Better Ron. You might think about positioning them so they cut what's behind them. So for instance if the leftmost window is a reflection with a sofa or something behind it then the sofa could be dark like you shoe but the reflection being lighter will also lighten the part behind it, not all of it just the part that the reflection is over.. That way it would bring the reflection to the front and maybe appear on the surface.Another thing I noticed is the mullions and muntons would have a slight shadow which would help set them apart. All in all I like it very much, just trying to be helpful.
    Thanks Larry. There actually isn't anything visible behind the windows with the exception of Sherlock. The faded images in the windows are reflections from the other side of the street which would not be very discernible. I don't know what mullions and muntons are.

Xara's Facebook

Mellions are the major window framing. Muntons is the smaller framing or divisions.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Awww, thanks for explaining Larry.

I've applied a separate layer with a sepia type color and stained glass transparency. The wife ok'd it.

Views:	190 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	106754  

Xara's Facebook

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Absolutely lovely Ron. There is a much less expensive way than photoshop to add a bit of grunge to your image, have a look at Onone Perfect Effects. There is a free version you can download and try it has a wonderful grunge filter that can blend your textures using all the same blending modes as photoshop. There is a paid for version around 60.00 US and a full photosuite for around 80.00 US but the free one may be enough just to add texture to your image.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Rear wheel of the vehicle looks like it is floating way above the street...other than that, looks great, Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Absolutely lovely Ron. There is a much less expensive way than photoshop to add a bit of grunge to your image, have a look at Onone Perfect Effects. There is a free version you can download and try it has a wonderful grunge filter that can blend your textures using all the same blending modes as photoshop. There is a paid for version around 60.00 US and a full photosuite for around 80.00 US but the free one may be enough just to add texture to your image.
    Thanks so much Frances! I'll look into it.

Mike: LOL! Yea, it does. I'll have to bring it back down to earth.

BTW: What is this grunge we're talking about? What's it supposed to do?

Here's the drawing with the shadow suggested by Larry and the rear wheel shadowing fixed.

Views:	118 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	106762  

Xara's Facebook

Frances, is that the "Perfect Effects 9 Free" you were referring to?

Xara's Facebook

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

yes Perfect effects 9 from OnOne Software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.