Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question about Xara 3D Maker 7

Hi I am looking to purchase an Xara program, does the 3D maker 7 have features that Designer Pro X9 does not have? I want the ability to do nice text work but also edit shapes etc.. Or would it be best to buy both? please inform, Thanks! Daver

Default Re: Question about Xara 3D Maker 7

Daver1,

3D maker is primarily for animated objects. Download the 30 day trial and play with it for a while before deciding.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Buy both. 3D maker 7 does have a few features that the 3D tool in Designer Pro X9 does not have. You cannot edit shapes with 3D maker 7, that's why you need the other program as well.
    3D maker 7 is not a full featured 3D program such as Blender for instance.

Like Keith suggested give the trial a try and see how it works for you first.

Personally I rarely use 3D maker 7 anymore, and work mostly in the current version of Xara Photo & Graphics Designer(XP&GD10). Unless you plan on creating web sites I don't think the pro version is necessary, and, if someday I decide to try my hand at web site design I have XDPX to fall back on. Certainly the pro version has features the other may not have but to me that's not a big deal.
    I had originally planned to go pro and stay there, but since changed my mind.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Guys, I decided to buy both.. I hope pro has everything Photo & Graphics designer has.. Looks like nice software.. I hope I can get alot of tips from guys like you.. Made a screen saver with 3D 7 looks pretty good.. I am semi experienced with Gimp and Inkscape.. But hoping Xara can be better than the two, if not I will use them all according to the best they each have to offer.

Good for you Daver1. Any questions you may have using your software, just ask.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks, I am liking the software both of them.. Do you know if anyone made a chart that is printable for shortcuts and various different tasks, how to etcs? Someone made it for inkscape I was wondering if anyone made one for Xara Designer Pro X9..

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Good for you Daver1. Any questions you may have using your software, just ask.

Where did you acquire XDP 9? I know when I purchased XDPX I received a printed manual and a reference card/s. You should have them too. I was just looking for mine but seem to have misplaced the ref card, not that it matters anymore since I know them anyway.
    For instance- Ctrl1 is add shapes. Ctrl2=subtract shapes, Ctrl3-intersect shapes, Ctrl4-slice. If you look in the Arrange menu all the shortcut key strokes are there.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

I purchased it online via the site.. I am supposed to get the CD by mail. That will be good then. Any tips and advices you feel would be good for me to know please feel free to send them my way.. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Where did you acquire XDP 9? I know when I purchased XDPX I received a printed manual and a reference card/s. You should have them too. I was just looking for mine but seem to have misplaced the ref card, not that it matters anymore since I know them anyway.
    For instance- Ctrl1 is add shapes. Ctrl2=subtract shapes, Ctrl3-intersect shapes, Ctrl4-slice. If you look in the Arrange menu all the shortcut key strokes are there.

I was looking around but could not find where to purchase XDP 9. Since it is an older version I wanted to see what you are supposed to get. You said you are supposed to get the CD by mail, which leads me to believe that is all you will get, maybe a ref card but not sure of that. More than likely no manual because it was probably a reduced price. Hopefully you bought it from xara.com, anyway I'll look for my reference card, and if Xara has no objections, I'll scan and post it for you, If Xara or Magix says no then I won't.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Here ya go Daver1. Xara kindly provided this for you. They said you might get one with your
    CD but just in case. This should be the one for your version. They also sent me one for mine as well. Thank you Xara.

Xara Quick Reference Card 2013.pdf
    Larry a.k.a wizard509