Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

First posting from new user so my apologies if this topic already covered. [The Find facility didn't find anything for 'Template' - should it?]

The real question...
    I'm trying to create a template that uses a certain font by default. Whatever I do, the font is always Times New Roman. I've set the page options to use the most recent attributes but this doesn't appear to work in the template. Is it possible to specify anything else for the deafult template?

Thanks.

First posting from new user so my apologies if this topic already covered. [The Find facility didn't find anything for 'Template' - should it?]

The real question...
    I'm trying to create a template that uses a certain font by default. Whatever I do, the font is always Times New Roman. I've set the page options to use the most recent attributes but this doesn't appear to work in the template. Is it possible to specify anything else for the deafult template?

Thanks.

Unfortunately in the current version it is not possible to set a default font.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Christine is right, this is a default which isn't saved in a template document along with such things as fill ... ie the first object you draw will be black with a black outline.

What I have is a template with all the settings that can be saved, plus with some text using the font I most often use (and font size etc), or you could have multiple font objects. Placed just off the page out of the way. Then you can highlight the text ... copy, and paste attributes to your new text object (Ctrl+Shift+A). So if you have 'give new objects most recent attributes' set this should be a fairly quick way of resetting the defaults you want. You could also do the same sort of thing for line types, widths and fills etc.

Although having said that the 'give new objects most recent attributes' is sometimes a bit hit and miss. Anyway just a suggestion.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Hi Su,

Thanks for the suggestion - works a treat. I've extended your idea slightly by creating a Background layer and storing such objects there so I can make them visible as required and I won't print them by mistake!

Regards.

If there's a color you use frequently, you may want to keep a colored object in your template as well.