Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page, Page Content, Selected, Previous Zoom Always Goes To 25601%

When I select any of the zoom dropdowns, other than the numbers such as 100%, 200% etc., the zoom always goes to 25601%. Anyone else experience this? I just upgraded to Designer Pro X10.

Jim

Default Re: Page, Page Content, Selected, Previous Zoom Always Goes To 25601%

No. Something is not right. Does this happen when you shut down and reopen the program? When you reboot? When you try Run as Administrator?

Still does it after shutdown, after Run As Admin, after reboot. All files I've tried do the same thing. System is Windows7 Pro, 3.4ghz quad core, 8gb ram, SSD hard drive, and multiple 1TB storage hard drives. Version is X10.1.4.36389. Also does it with files such as individual .jpg's as well as website pages.
    Last edited by jimhanus; 16 March 2015 at 12:04 AM.

Have you used XaReg to edit the zoom values ('Lists' tab)??

Steve,
    Yes I did, and that was the problem. I added an 85% zoom to the Lists, Zoom Value section. After removing it, it works correctly now. What is also different is the zoom values. They now go from maximum at 25601& to minimum at 5%, with maximum at the top. Previously they went the opposite direction, with maximum at the bottom of the dropdown. I just tried adding a value again and it went back to not working properly. XaReg version is 2.5. Is there a newer/better version I should be using? Thanks!

XaReg simply edits the Xara registry keys, adding a new zoom value to the key is something unexpected by the Camelot as it turns out so whether the Xara devs regard this as a bug or consequence I don't know, all we know is that the program misreads that key after it is edited..
    You can try switching to the lightUI and then back to the darkUI, this should reset keys (and custom program settings)

Steve,
    Thanks for the update. Everything works as it should after removing the 85% zoom value, so I will leave it like that for now. I will experiment later when I get a chance and see if changing between the light/dark makes any difference with the zoom issue and allowing me to set a custom zoom.

Thanks again!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Steve,
    Thanks for the update. Everything works as it should after removing the 85% zoom value, so I will leave it like that for now. I will experiment later when I get a chance and see if changing between the light/dark makes any difference with the zoom issue and allowing me to set a custom zoom.

Thanks again!
    Jim
    Changing UIs won't make any difference to the limitation when entering custom zoom, levels Jim, I mentioned this only in relation to resetting the list order.

I thought my experience was unique, and would try some variations to possibly assist in future developments of XaReg. I'll leave it as-is. Custom zoom would have been nice, but since it doesn't work I'll leave it to someone else.

Thanks Jim, no - not unique to you, it's a known issue hence my post asking if you'd used XaReg, because I knew what happens when the zoom list is edited. But as indicated earlier, it's not a XaReg bug - it's an issue with Xara Designer's (camelot) reading of the altered registry key.