Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PICTURES DISTORTED IN PHOTO SLIDESHOW

Kate - The images on your link appear fine to me. Try pressing F5 or Ctrl + F5 in your browser.

Xara will replace the image using the maximum height or width of the replacement photo depending on the aspect ratio of the photo.

In my attached example, the photo loaded to the height of the photo but is not wide enough to fill the frame.

To scale the photo up or down, select the Photo with the Photo Tool (F5) then click on the small box at the end of the fill path arrow.

Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to make the image larger or smaller. It depends on the image so try the up arrow first, if that does not increase the size then try the right arrow. Do this until you scale the image to fill the frame.

You can select the center where the fill path arrows come together to reposition the image. You can drag the center control point or move it with the arrow keys.

That said, the slide show is taking a long time to load and I have pretty fast cable access. I wonder what is happening. It might be better to un-check Retina (hi res) images (Website Properties > Website) This will export your slide show images at 96dpi and not 192dpi and 96dpi and might speed up the slide show loading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	106683  

Thanks I'll try your suggestion right now. As far as loading, it's taking longer because YAHOO has it hosted as a "test" so they tell me images will take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by KateCarr View Post
    I go into the widget and right click on the photo and select replace photo. I revised the test site to show how the photo show looks and the pictures are not distorted but I need to remove the numbers in the top right and the bottom where it says heading.

http://nationalparknj.com/test2015/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Kate - The images on your link appear fine to me. Try pressing F5 or Ctrl + F5 in your browser.

Xara will replace the image using the maximum height or width of the replacement photo depending on the aspect ratio of the photo.

In my attached example, the photo loaded to the height of the photo but is not wide enough to fill the frame.

To scale the photo up or down, select the Photo with the Photo Tool (F5) then click on the small box at the end of the fill path arrow.

Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to make the image larger or smaller. It depends on the image so try the up arrow first, if that does not increase the size then try the right arrow. Do this until you scale the image to fill the frame.

You can select the center where the fill path arrows come together to reposition the image. You can drag the center control point or move it with the arrow keys.

That said, the slide show is taking a long time to load and I have pretty fast cable access. I wonder what is happening. It might be better to un-check Retina (hi res) images (Website Properties > Website) This will export your slide show images at 96dpi and not 192dpi and 96dpi and might speed up the slide show loading.
    Since I know nothing about web sites, will this romove the heading and footing numbers?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Nope, it will only resize the photos. I'll ask Acorn to respond as he usually has a fix for this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Nope, it will only resize the photos. I'll ask Acorn to respond as he usually has a fix for this kind of thing.
    You can add
    Code:
    <style>
    .cyclemeb_3_paging, .slideshow_box {
      display: none;
      }
    </style>
    to the Page HTML code (head).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

A picture is worth etc. (Thanks Acorn)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insert code.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	106700  

Thank you Acorn.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.