Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newsletters and HTML Emails

Hello,

I am an occasional user of Xara Designer Pro mainly for the graphics side of things.

At work, I am using Microsoft Publisher to produce the company newsletter. Now the manager wishes to produce a more professional looking newsletters both in printed form for internal use whilst at the same time produce an HTML version for email distribution similar to MailChimp. The problem with MailChimp is that it produces the HTML version but when printing from the “View this email in your browser” option it prints out with no consideration whatsoever for where the page breaks appears.

Can anybody please advise me whether Xara Designer Pro has evolved sufficiently enough today to produce newsletters both in printed form and emailable HTML versions simultaneously.

Thank you

DiscoverIT

Default Re: Newsletters and HTML Emails

To the best of my knowledge Xara is not capable of creating a formatted e-mail document.

Default Re: Newsletters and HTML Emails

Use attachments! One for web the other for print both exported as PDF's. If you use the advance options in the Advance Options this gives a tick box for fast web viewing in the General tab. You can also specify rasterization DPI for all bitmaps and Xara's RGB effects in the Objects tab to further reducing the size of the PDF.

I am to sure if you use Mailchimps template whither you could paste an exported website live from Chrome or Firefox? I have not used Mailchimp but I would have thought it was possible and certainly if your coding was OK using the developer tools.
    Design is thinking made visual.