Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default X10 is not opening files from x9

X10: When I try to open Index in Xara it will not open. I get the line across the top that says: "Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer. Open this item to view the pictures." When I do that I get the basic page, the buttons and some copy at the bottom of the page. Any ideas? Thank you.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: X10 is not opening files from x9

You've posted in the wrong forum. I will move your post to Web Design Chat.

You cannot open an HTML file in Xara and what you are reporting is what you see in File Explorer. You can Import a Web Page (File menu) and this will import most of the content of the selected web page and place the content more or less in position on the page. I think this is what you are trying to do?

can you maybe post a screenshot or two? i'm no expert but screenies might help

only thing i can suggest is right-click on the index.html file and open its Properties. towards the bottom by Attributes click on the Unblock security option if it is there.
    i don't think starting Xara with admin privileges (right-click on shortcut and choose run as admin) will help because i can both "open" and "import" an index.html starting up xara the regular way. ("open" opens it up (tho one spot or two isn't formatted right) as an entire page and "import" uses your default page settings with the html just spread across your workspace)

EDIT: darn. just noticed after i replied that this was moved from the graphics forum to the web forum. i based my response on P&G 10. prolly won't apply. sorry

Thanks Gary for the input, good info. Mikey thank you as well. I'm leaving for work; will post screen shots in the morning.

Actually, I stand (or sit) corrected. I just imported an index.html file and it pretty much did the same as Import from Website.

GiddyUp did you intend to open up the html file, or did you really want to open the site file (which is completely different)?

It's been awhile (Obviously moving from 9 to 10), but I want to open the site in Xara as I did in 9 so that I may work on it, make changes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    It's been awhile (Obviously moving from 9 to 10), but I want to open the site in Xara as I did in 9 so that I may work on it, make changes, etc.
    You need to open your Xara site file not the HTML files themselves. They'll be on your hard drive somewhere and ending in a suffix .xar

I got it. Thanks; will continue searching. It's been a bit since I've been active; health issues over the past year, but I'm back. Kind of you to respond so quickly

Hopefully your health will improve and it'll be great to see you busy again.