Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default AI problems with fill and outlines

Hello,

i have a problem with fill, stroke and outlines.

I have a font and i created outlines and the font went from fill to no fill. As seen on photo.
    And i also tried with pen tool to make a shape, there is no fill, only stroke, but event that does not work if highe pt of it
    Also when making shape, as on photo - square, no fill, nothing complies with.

I tried diffrent color for fill and stroke and it does not work. Can anyone help?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AI-problem.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	106643

Default Re: AI problems with fill and outlines

How good are you at using Illustrator? are you new to it or not. If you are new to it do you know about the status of fills and outlines on the menu bar. The Menu Bar shown below highlights with the Red circle that shows that any object selected would have a Black outline with No fill (red diagonal line through the box). The Blue circle shows the Swatches Panel where the Black is highlighted because the Black Outline box is to the front on the menu bar. If you click the arc with the 2 arrow heads above the Outline Box this will swap the colour so that there would be No Black Outline ---> but there would be a Black Colour Fill which I think you want. Sorry if you think I am showing you something you know so come back if this doesn't help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No-fill_Bk-outline.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	106646  
    Design is thinking made visual.

I am not new to IA, i know all that and using this for some time.

The problem is, if you look the photo up, see the font, first one is regular, the second one is outlined and the program does this with all fonts (first i thought is that type of font) and don't know why.
    When i draw square it does that as shown on photo. I changed the color of fill and stroke (here also the pt of it), but any of these works.
    Just yesterday i draw a silhouette of the dog and outlined the fonts and was all ok. Today all this does not work.
    And i have never encountered that kind of a problem, till now.

If you or anyone else can tell me, would realy appriciate it. Thanks

I know it's a pain but I would uninstall and then reinstall.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Luckly, that was not neede, i just restarted my computer and it worked as i should. But if someone knows why it came to this, i would realy like to know. And thanks.